Author Topic: The Cape Town Hi-Fi Club  (Read 276395 times)

Offline christowp

Re: The Cape Town Hi-Fi Club
« Reply #465 on: February 13, 2015, 07:34:10 PM »
I joined the hi fi club in the mid eighties - heady days back then when meetings were held in hallowed halls of SACS junior school. I heard about its existence at the Hi fi show at the Mount Nelson hotel. I have always seen it as a co-ordinating organisation which arranged get together's of various sorts. It is and has always been a free association club - you join if you want to and attend only meetings you want to, that interest you. It has always provided a space for me to meet with like minded folks who share a hobby I am quite keen on. Most of my friends and colleagues do not share my interest in HI fi and music so this is a great place to share and get together around the hobby.     

Its not an exclusive association that prohibits other interactions - I have enjoyed great get together's at Rodney's house and also at Achim's place at 13 Hof and also some smaller listening sessions with other folks, conversations at Outhouse Audio. So to me its just an "organisation" that provides some audio outlet / interaction with folks who share the interest. I and many have made new friends over the years and also linked with people with useful technical and other expertise and contacts that I could draw on and share. I enjoyed the interaction provided under the clubs umbrella during 2014 and I am looking forward to some more audio experiences in 2015. I see the club as a easy space to share and enjoy audio experiences on a regular basis.

Membership gives no special status or strong sense of belonging, just some arena to enjoy a hobby with like minded folks. I think we should should just run with it and enjoy the interactions with audio enthusiasts.         

Offline Audioperv

« Reply #466 on: February 13, 2015, 07:44:25 PM »
I always have to work when the meetings take place
I enjoy talking to likeminded peeps
So go when I can.

Offline Audioperv

« Reply #467 on: February 13, 2015, 07:46:12 PM »
Maybe some strippers next time,if its to boring.    lol

Offline chrisc

• Trade Count: (+134)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Cape Town Hi-Fi Club - get better sound
« Reply #468 on: February 15, 2015, 04:37:58 PM »
Kent has offered to strip, and he is selecting what costume to wear before he takes it off.  Here he is with his blonde wig

Music is the shorthand of emotion

Offline Audioperv

« Reply #469 on: February 15, 2015, 05:55:21 PM »
Ha ha ha.  Do we have to tip the stripper.

Offline chrisc

• AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #470 on: February 15, 2015, 06:01:58 PM »
Only if he does the full Monty

Offline Kent Kassler

« Reply #471 on: February 15, 2015, 08:46:39 PM »
My entire being is but the width of a single ass cheek......but i have no problem stripping and revealing my single ended  triode.
Audiophile Sound Sommelier Extraordinaire....aka Manic Depressive Temporary Void Filler Deluxe.

Offline Ampdog

« Reply #472 on: February 16, 2015, 09:07:13 AM »
Not even a beam power valve?
Audio must be the only branch of engineering where lack of basics' knowledge is considered a superior form of wisdom. (Anon)

Offline Kent Kassler

« Reply #473 on: February 16, 2015, 01:00:54 PM »
 :ROFLMAO:.....we await your visit eagerly Ampdog......we must meet my friend.
Audiophile Sound Sommelier Extraordinaire....aka Manic Depressive Temporary Void Filler Deluxe.

Offline MadManMason81

« Reply #474 on: February 17, 2015, 07:59:49 AM »
This sounds like a good plan. Is there a hifi club in JHB?

Offline ron g

« Reply #475 on: February 17, 2015, 08:18:06 AM »
Kent has offered to strip, and he is selecting what costume to wear before he takes it off.  Here he is with his blonde wig

& his grandmother proudly looking on????

is it just me or have bitcoin people gone a bitquiet because its a bitdown? #bitter

Offline chrisc

• AVForums Grandmaster
Next Vinyl Faire - Sunday 1st March from 10h00 at the False Bay Rugby Club
« Reply #476 on: February 19, 2015, 04:05:47 PM »

Offline chrisc

• AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #477 on: February 21, 2015, 01:17:07 PM »
Mark (from Kandi Records) will bring along his Card Machine, and will be able to pay other vendors (for a small fee of course).  So bring your plastic

Offline chrisc

• AVForums Grandmaster
Re: The Cape Town Hi-Fi Club - Vinyl Faire 1st March
« Reply #478 on: March 01, 2015, 12:55:21 PM »
... and a good time was had by all.  More dealers, more customers (Andre brought along some antique items - see middle row third image). 

Note to prospective sellers - The Hi-Fi Club do not charge for tables at this event, it is entirely free

The False Bay Rugby Club is adjacent to Virgin Active Sports Centre on Constantia Main Road.  The entrance is at the intersection of Constantia Road and Brommersvlei Road

Offline Jozua

12 March 2015 Meeting
« Reply #479 on: March 10, 2015, 10:24:56 PM »
Dear Members

This Thursday is our meeting at Achim's Studio at 13 Hof Street in the Gardens, starting at 20h00

Achim has the following special offers for club members:

All Dali Speakers which are new or  ex demo will be available at massive discounts.

From Zensor 1, 5 and 7, Ikon 1 MKII, Ikon 5 and 7 MKII, Dali Epicon 6…its all available.

Nu Force Ref 18 Mono Amps - 4 are available.  Each goes for R 18.500 (retail R 50.000 each) These work very very well on the Westminster Royal SE either with 2 or 4…

We look forward to seeing you.  A reminder to please bring your 2015 subscription

A real audiophile will eventually end up with the ARC Ref stuff..