Author Topic: The Cape Town Hi-Fi Club  (Read 276859 times)

Offline johnaudio

Re: The Cape Town Hi-Fi Club
« Reply #405 on: December 07, 2014, 04:33:33 PM »
 :Whoohoo:

Offline Kent Kassler

« Reply #406 on: December 07, 2014, 04:44:21 PM »
Bring some of Marcus' "Lesotho Gold" and a few bra's John....we gonna rock this mothership,DJ Alternative Route will be spinning in vinyl.
Audiophile Sound Sommelier Extraordinaire....aka Manic Depressive Temporary Void Filler Deluxe.

Offline chrisc

• Trade Count: (+134)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Cape Town Hi-Fi Club - get better sound
« Reply #407 on: December 07, 2014, 05:26:14 PM »
Open party at Chris' house on the 20th December....bring booze and loose chicks....swimming pool,food and classical music all provided....:)

Pity I will be in England on that date.  The house-sitter will be here, so you can persuade her to let you in.  The address is Plot 3357 Plumstead Cemetry
Music is the shorthand of emotion

Offline chrisc

• Trade Count: (+134)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Cape Town Hi-Fi Club - get better sound
The Hi-Fi Club's Facebook page
« Reply #408 on: December 07, 2014, 05:30:33 PM »
Music is the shorthand of emotion

Offline Rodney_gold

« Reply #409 on: December 09, 2014, 10:38:10 AM »
So what has happened to the bring and braai you are having on the 20th that I was invited to .. that seems to be limited to the few select?
If your intention is to bring people into the hobby , why is the "last meeting" not open to all.
At any time , when I have a thing at home , EVERYBODY is invited..club member or not.
I think this sucks and you bulldusting on the forum as to you being away also sucks. Why lie about it..
I don't want to be part of ANYTHING that is as elitist as this. I wont be coming .. and neither will I be coming to any future meetings .. you can delete me from the members list..

Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch> Trinnov St2 >2x Devialet D premiers>  Vivid audio Giya G1 spirits ..fully treated room

Offline colonel66

« Reply #410 on: December 09, 2014, 11:57:08 AM »
So what has happened to the bring and braai you are having on the 20th that I was invited to .. that seems to be limited to the few select?

as a fully paid up member i was not invited

clearly i am not in the binnekring!!!!   :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

there in one swoop my christmas has been ruined

Offline Rodney_gold

« Reply #411 on: December 09, 2014, 12:26:15 PM »
I will string up some fairy lights on my G1's , buy a 6 pack of mince pies ,a coke and some chips ,  buy a few cheap clicks  get the 3rd one free , gifts and you can come over to me and have a great nosh up and get a bottle of "pour homme" (smells like cat pee to me) as a going home present.
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch> Trinnov St2 >2x Devialet D premiers>  Vivid audio Giya G1 spirits ..fully treated room

Offline colonel66

« Reply #412 on: December 09, 2014, 12:30:54 PM »
gotta love you rodney  - a nice jewish guy like you - hopping over the religious divide - that is the TRUE spirit of xmas

Offline Rodney_gold

« Reply #413 on: December 09, 2014, 12:40:53 PM »
Ok , I will fire up the Menorah , make some chicken soup (with matzoh balls) , provide complimentary Yarmulkahs  and will open the bacon , cheese and egg burgers from the Cattle baron , spit on the bacon 3x whilst reciting "you are fish, you are fish , you are fish" , break out the kosher wine and we will have a great nosh up .. just bring a nice present (Cardas Golden speaker wires , an unused upgrade D premier or the like should do :)

Offline Kent Kassler

« Reply #414 on: December 09, 2014, 12:46:50 PM »
I am heartbroken and gutted,all you highend okes got invited,even Dean and his concubine(no doubt as inspiration for a game of soggy biscuit).....I have given my heart and soul to this geriatric powder shooting society,I asked Karel intelligent questions at the last meet....I ate housebrand biscuits and never complained once.My faith is now destroyed and my heart broken.....I so wanted to see Jozua in a costume and I would have brought my own meat as well:(
Audiophile Sound Sommelier Extraordinaire....aka Manic Depressive Temporary Void Filler Deluxe.

Offline deonk2000

« Reply #415 on: December 09, 2014, 12:49:39 PM »
L'chaim

Offline Kent Kassler

« Reply #416 on: December 09, 2014, 01:06:24 PM »
In an act of rebellion and to show defiance to the luminati establishment I wish to announce the formation of the CT GBTF Society ....where all shapes,sizes,colours and creeds are welcome.....our motto is....."Feeling Judged?Stop Packing Fudge!" I was thinking of bi-anal meetings initially just till we get into the swing of things?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 01:11:15 PM by Kent Kassler »

Offline alternativeroute

« Reply #417 on: December 09, 2014, 01:14:56 PM »
I got my invite  :tongue:

Check your spam folders  :ROFLMAO:

The past, the present and the future walk into a bar. It was tense.  :nutter:

Offline Kent Kassler

« Reply #418 on: December 09, 2014, 01:17:55 PM »
The Colonel has supported you financially and still you refuse to allow him entry into the inner ring.....you're the worst kinda whores!

Offline Rodney_gold

« Reply #419 on: December 09, 2014, 01:18:07 PM »
How I will miss that staff room , the terrible acoustics , the sickly green furniture , complimented by the fluorescent lighting  , that urn and the tea cups..

Brings back memories of my school days , buggery in the boarding school , comparing dicks in the changeroom , masters with crotch bulges giving me six of the best, the gym teacher , "haas" gredly feeling under our balls to see that we had showered , me hauling my dogeared copy of lady Chatterley lover to read aloud the salacious passages, circle jerks , killing ourselve laughing at the School Jock with the micro cock.... ahh nostagia...