Author Topic: The Cape Town Hi-Fi Club  (Read 282249 times)

Offline alternativeroute

Re: The Cape Town Hi-Fi Club
« Reply #435 on: December 10, 2014, 06:46:18 PM »
Why not the vinyl faire venue... they have everything and no-one has to cater?

The past, the present and the future walk into a bar. It was tense.  :nutter:

Online chrisc

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Cape Town Hi-Fi Club - get better sound
« Reply #436 on: December 11, 2014, 05:25:29 PM »
Check your email
Music is the shorthand of emotion

Offline 44ct357

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AVForums Junior Member
  • RETRO STEREO RULES, SOUND IS LIFE!
« Reply #437 on: December 11, 2014, 09:36:25 PM »
WHATS UP WITH YOU LOT COMPLAINING, IF YOU DONT LIKE IT DONT ATTEND.
ANY OFFER IS BETTER THAN NONE..
GOOD DAY ALL
I RUN A PROFESSIONAL RETRO REPAIR CENTER FROM HOME IN MEADOWRIDGE.
FROM ANALOGUE TO DIGITAL, SMT ETC.
MY MAIN LINE IS REWORKING ALL THE RETRO CLASSICS, UPGRADING, ANALYSIS AND DIAGNOSIS OF FAILURE ETC.
GOOGLE 44CT357.

Offline Kent Kassler

« Reply #438 on: December 12, 2014, 11:13:17 AM »
....Time for some Leonard Cohen.
"...ring the bell that still can ring,forget your capital letter offering....there is a crack,a crack in everything...that's how the members get in.":)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 11:20:11 AM by Kent Kassler »
Audiophile Sound Sommelier Extraordinaire....aka Manic Depressive Temporary Void Filler Deluxe.

Online chrisc

• AVForums Grandmaster
CT Vinyl Faire - this Sunday 14th December - now open to digital music lovers
« Reply #439 on: December 12, 2014, 02:57:17 PM »
I wonder who 44ct357 is?  Haven't seen him/her around

Regarding the Vinyl Faire this Sunday - read on:

It was intended to share a braai with club members who have supported the club during this year

There has not been much response to our request for replies to the invite, so this idea has been shelved

Instead, taking advantage of the upcoming Vinyl Faire this coming Sunday (14th) at the Sports Bar at the False Bay Rugby Club in Constantia, we have organised a different event to which we hope you can get your teeth into...

"Get your little pizza heaven, liquorice or otherwise: The Cape Town Hi-Fi Club Vinyl Faire presents a feast of disc-shaped delights laden with snap, crackle, pop and extra pepperoni. Sink your teeth into some tasty pizza – and some even tastier vinyl – at the final club gathering of the year. If you enjoyed Vivaldi's Four Seasons, you'll love The Bay's remix of this 18th-century favourite. And if you think that's cheesy, you should listen to what some people are prepared to buy, just because it's on vinyl.

'You'll find nothing small-minded about these Italian delights – and yes, when it comes to comparisons with others of their kind, they are unashamedly elitist.

"Members and partners, join us at 12 noon to enjoy a bite to eat, check out some Big Black CDs and raise a glass (your choice of half full or half empty). The first round of pizzas is on the house. Cash bar available."

So you don't get lost: From Constantia Main Road, opposite Brommersvlei Road, drive in through the two white arches.  The road curves to the right and after 200 metres there is a fork, the left enters the Virgin Active Gym.   Take the right and drive past the Constantia Bowling Club, keeping to the fence.  After 500 metres you will see a large parking area and the FBRC is at the end of this road.  You can’t miss it.

Offline Jozua

« Reply #440 on: December 12, 2014, 03:07:22 PM »
Thanks Chris

And many thanks to the club member who is sponsoring the first round of Pizza's !!

J
A real audiophile will eventually end up with the ARC Ref stuff..

Online chrisc

• AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #441 on: December 12, 2014, 05:25:30 PM »
And thanks to Jozua, who despite being a penniless audiophile, is sponsoring the first round of drinks

We are also very greatful to Andre (aka KK) for his generous contribution.  Its people like you who make coming along to club events worthwhile
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 05:27:39 PM by chrisc »

Offline Kent Kassler

« Reply #442 on: December 12, 2014, 09:20:00 PM »
...I'ts the least I can do Chris :coffee:
Audiophile Sound Sommelier Extraordinaire....aka Manic Depressive Temporary Void Filler Deluxe.

Offline CapeTownJay

« Reply #443 on: December 14, 2014, 07:50:45 AM »
Gents, are members bringing equipment to sell?
Someone was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, "Listen mate, LIFE has surface noise" - John Peel

Offline alternativeroute

« Reply #444 on: December 14, 2014, 07:58:53 AM »
Gents, are members bringing equipment to sell?

I am bringing a couple of turntables...

The past, the present and the future walk into a bar. It was tense.  :nutter:

Offline CapeTownJay

« Reply #445 on: December 14, 2014, 08:04:20 AM »
Cool, I'll be bringing a STAX SRS-2170 package (head speakers and energizer) to sell. will be there by 11
Someone was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, "Listen mate, LIFE has surface noise" - John Peel

Online chrisc

• AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #446 on: December 14, 2014, 08:07:56 AM »
Yes, bring equipment.  KK is organising a full program of "The best from Outhouse Audio"

He is also leading the Stikland Asylum Ladies Choir in a rendition of "Nearer my God to thee" and "She'll be coming round the mountain when she comes", accompanied by a dodgy Theta CD player and some hastily polished discs.  Then we have the athletics act, where he will attempt to beat the Guiness Book of records to throw 12 LP records with the flick of his wrist.  The last record was 130 metres in Ventersdorp where an early Jim Reeves LP was propelled in 1990.

The SABC will bring their last working camera to record the event, so make sure your hair is neat and tidy and you have your comb strategically placed in your sock

Online chrisc

• AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #447 on: December 14, 2014, 01:24:19 PM »
A perfect summer's morning, the sounds of Frank Zappa coming from Jacques' speakers, some bargain LPs, DVDs and electronic gear, the settings is the Sports Bar at the False Bay Rugby Club in Constantia.  Our sincere thanks to our sponsor who provided pizzas for the visitors.

The next vinyl event will probably be on Sunday 1st February at the same place, and we promise to have along more dealers and much more stuff for sale

Offline CapeTownJay

« Reply #448 on: December 16, 2014, 12:46:35 PM »
That was a good start. Hopefully there will be more sellers in the new year.

Online chrisc

• AVForums Grandmaster
Seasons Greetings to one and all
« Reply #449 on: December 21, 2014, 09:14:56 AM »