Thumbs Up for Clearline!

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

koogs

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
On Tuesday evening we had a power surge at home as a result of thieving scum stealing the neutral cable from our local substation. We were watching the Mandela memorial ceremony at the time and all the lights in the house started flickering and the downlighters in the lounge and kitchen went out one by one. There was also a loud crackling sound coming from the TV and then the main switch tripped at the DB.

I thought that my equipment was all fried. I couldnt check anything as the electricity was switched off for most of the night whilst the municipality repaired the cable damage. On Wed morning I began to take stock of the damage. The alarm system and my main aircon unit were fried. The lights and downlighters in my kitchen and lounge were also fried. Outside the lights that work off the day/night sensor were also fried and the sensor itself had literally exploded and pieces of the plastic cover were found all over my front yard. In my study I have a Philips Microtheater which is a DVD/CD mini hifi and that was fried as well and in the main bedroom my JBL iPod dock/AM/FM radio was also fried.

Then I went into the lounge to check all my A/V equipment dreading the worst. First I tried switching on each component and the TV but nothing worked. I then unplugged my Squeezebox Touch and then tried it on another wall outlet in my dining room. It powered up. I then disconnected all the components from the Clearline Home Theatre and Surge Protection unit and inspected the unit. The two indicators for Earth and Fault lit up. The surge protecter had done its job.

My Panasonic plasma, Marantz AVR & Blu Ray Player, DSTV HDPVR, HP Microserver with 3 x 2TB HDDs and Velodyne SPL1000 were all connected to the Clearline surge protecter and are all working :thumbs: :thumbs:

They are not the cheapest around but serve their purpose. I will definitely be getting another one to replace mine. I also have one for my 2 channel system that I have temporarily at my Dad's place but I see that model is no longer on their website.

This is the one I have  http://www.clearlinestore.co.za/?q=content/12-00555-high-end-sound-equipment

Latest posts