Author Topic: Audio Agony Column  (Read 19862 times)

Offline colonel66

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AVForums Veteran
Re: Audio Agony Column
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2013, 04:25:48 PM »
Colonel
I fully identify with those symptoms, I too had only one set of speakers  and a single car - and believe me , in Today's world that is NOT adequate. I now have lots and lots of both and feel a lot better....

You have utterly wasted your money with your set of speakers which were obviously designed by someone with wee-wee envy - I mean c'mon , his name is DICKie...and they even look like uncut members..and as for the name , Giya , well Mr DICKie too must have been at that same urinal you seem to frequent (Pity they closed to one at Graaf's pool..ah well...)

A real role model would be acutelydefgi... He has 17 pairs of speakers in his bathroom alone  - spoilt for choice even when taking a dump. He obviously has  a torpedo compared to your tiddler.

As to your converted bathroom scales you use as amps , well they are FRENCH - anything french is bound to be merde , all the french are good for is gaulloise fags , stinky breath , smegma cheese and the only instruments they play is their own or an accordian.

Don't stress , I will take the system off your hands for R2399.00 and you can go to crash convertors and buy an 11.4 Dixon system.
Call me , I will arrange pickup
Rodney

thanks Rodney i knew you were the person to turn to in these times of need - i already feel better

i already worship at the trough of actutelydefi

PM sent re collection

Offline Rodney_gold

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2013, 05:58:09 PM »
Dear Uncle Rodney

Can you please help I seem to have become a gear slut  :whip:

The problem is I buy one set of speakers and enjoy them for a couple of weeks (sometimes days) and then I see something the classifieds, and I start to think to myself, I'm sure those speakers look / sound better than these ones, why don't I sell mine and buy them. Then I see a amp forsale and the same logic applies  :wallbreak:

Why can't I be happy with my current setup? What is this audio nirvana I am looking for? and will I even know once I've found it?  :thinking:

So-onanon

Do I REALLY have to give you Economics 101 talk?

It is due to YOU and you alone that we have a thriving 2nd hand hifi market, you and your ilk do mankind and hifi manufacturers a favour..look at your condition as doing a good deed.

You have to bear in mind that there is a big difference between falling in lust with gear and in love with gear.
Lust is a must have thing , bigger , better , more , love is when you get lumbered with the object you lusted after - no longer are the eargasms as intense , you see all it's faults and then it starts to irritate you , eventually you either cheat and buy something on the sly or ignore the faults and the item but put up with it cos to get rid of it will cost you too much...recognise anything?

Lust in itself is not bad - I discovered it early in life at 12 when I deflowered the next door neighbour in a pup tent erected in my front garden.
Michelle was such a beautiful gal , silky smooth skin and surprisingly big breasts - playing Dr soon turned to playing amateur gynae (my alternate name on the internet is DrGfinger) ...anyway I digress...
 I became a slut after that , well a male slut that is.

I have bad news for you , Audio nirvana will always elude you  , no amount of buying others cast off's and problems will help. As my good friend the Dali Llamer told me , it's my punishment for sins in a past life

So what I suggest is get a can of petrol and immolate yourself on the banks of the Liesbeek river (Vaal if you in JHB) and await reincarnation , hopefully you will not come back as a cockroach or something equally as vile
Rodney
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch> 2x Devialet D premiers>  Vivid audio Giya G1 spirits ..fully treated room

Offline Tom

• Trader
  • Trade Count: (+59)
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2015, 05:43:03 PM »
Please help...
It has been at least 4 months since I last felt the urge to turn on my hi-fi.
It is just sitting there, like a dead beast.
I feel myself slowly drifting away from the need to push the ON button...
Is this normal, or is there something deeper and darker lurking?
Digital Media Conversions - Preserving Memories

Offline joel

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+1)
    • Thirteen Hof
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2015, 05:58:37 PM »
ESKOM?

Contact us to book a demo. - Twitter

Offline Rodney_gold

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2015, 06:17:18 PM »
ED is common in men, even as young as in their thirties.
You are not alone..it affects at least 1/3rd of males.
Often it is accompanied by male pattern balding and urinary problems, but that is coincidental.
Normally , you come right in time..but their is a record of 3 terminal cases. 2 japanese and a poor fellow in China.
They slumped and never got the energy to straighten up..try as they might, nothing helped with the condition and eventually they shriveled up and all but dissapeard.

Fortunately, I have a solution to problem, which I will divulge as soon as your  EFT clears or within 7 days.

Electrical Disinterest is a serious condition for any Audiophile and should not be ignored!!!!!!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 06:23:24 PM by Rodney_gold »
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch> 2x Devialet D premiers>  Vivid audio Giya G1 spirits ..fully treated room

Offline skollie

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Cableth make no differenth. Ith all in the plugth
    • Blue Angel
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2015, 07:15:57 PM »
My two year-old Pyrenean Mountain dogs won't stop hunting for geckos on my Leak amp. Every morning I find pieces of valves scattered around near the amp. I tried closing the door and locking it but somehow they found out where I hid the key.

How can I end this nightmare?

I'm desperate.

skollie
If you don't like my principles, I have others - Groucho Marx

Online Ampdog

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2015, 10:29:19 PM »
Dear Aunty Rod - er - ney,

I have a problem. With your wisdom you should be able to both guess my problem and give me a solution ......

(Ahhhh!  :popcorn: )
Audio must be the only branch of engineering where lack of basics' knowledge is considered a superior form of wisdom. (Anon)

Offline chrisc

• Trade Count: (+90)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Cape Town Hi-Fi Club - listen with your ears
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2015, 10:38:29 PM »
I have found the ultimate CD sound enhancer, it is called Cocaine.  The sound is now so sweet I am getting addicted.  Is there any long-term danger with this, or should I go back to listening to vinyl?

Offline Rodney_gold

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2015, 11:05:53 PM »
Dear skollie, I am sad to hear that your two overgrown Pomeranians keep taking a leak on your valves
Next time it happens grab the hund by the scruff of the neck , rub its nose in it and take a rolled up newspaper and beat that disobedient little s c r e w e r o an inch of its life..It wont happen again and you can sleep peacefully at night knowing that your pets are now housetrained...

« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 11:12:46 PM by Rodney_gold »

Offline Rodney_gold

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2015, 11:11:04 PM »
Ampdog, of course my wisdom knows no bounds, i know your question and the answer is that I dont think you can get pregnant by sitting on a toilet seat.. Oh and that other thing you wanted to know about..the watchamacallit.. I sent you a psychic message with the solution.

Offline Rodney_gold

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2015, 11:23:48 PM »
Dear Chrisc

Let as look at this logically, a hit of coke is R25 and your next upgrade is in the R5000 mark, which basically equates to 200 hits of coke..  Say almost a years worth..

Now what do you want, upgrade and be straight or take a snort of something that made you and the music be part of each other, that allowed all the distinct threads weave into a coherent whole that permeates your very soul..goosebump inducing stuff...you hear stuff you never heard before and stuff that even doesn't exist..while you float in a sea of wellbeing and feel oh so sharp and confident, life is good..

I know what *I* would do.... s c r e w addiction..live dangerously for the moment

Offline Phase

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2015, 11:31:33 PM »
Dear Aunty Rod - er - ney,

I have a problem. With your wisdom you should be able to both guess my problem and give me a solution ......

(Ahhhh!  :popcorn: )

Mr G is that good, when his name came up in your message window you couldn't remember what your problem was, CURED!

Offline Phase

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2015, 11:36:45 PM »
Hey ChrisC if you have a Dixon system you will need a KILLERGRAM...
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 11:42:30 PM by Phase »

Offline markc

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2015, 07:19:11 AM »
Dear Auntie Uncle Rodney,

I was bumbling along then decided I needed a goal after the wife complaining that my place looked fuller than Andre's place in January after a really rough December blowout by all the Cape Town addicts who need pay school fees and buy food for the kids.  :baseball:

The Goal is almost complete but Audiomule keeps on bumping the Sonus Faber Amati Homage and I wake up in a cold sweat dreading the day they are sold to someone, and it is not me. :envy:

All the self help books have told me that if you have a decisive plan, just keep focus on the end game and you will succeed.

It is not working. Perhaps I am too focused and need some of that Coke you recommended to Chrisc?

But due to my obvious addictive personality perhaps becoming a sex addict would be a better long term solution. :Whoohoo:

What do you think?
"Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

“We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart.”
H.L. Mencken

Offline chrisc

• Trade Count: (+90)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Cape Town Hi-Fi Club - listen with your ears
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2015, 08:08:59 AM »
Thank you so much Auntie Rodney.  Here is my next audio upgrade...