Author Topic: Confessions of an audiophile drama queen....  (Read 2091 times)

Offline Kent Kassler

• The Undertaker
  • Trader
  • Trade Count: (+58)
Confessions of an audiophile drama queen....
« on: October 27, 2013, 07:32:19 AM »
My mother always told me that i'd never amount to anything.The rest of the family would eat Sunday lunches at a large dining room table whilst i sat in a corner with dry bread and water talking to an imaginary friend.
The rest of my siblings would tease and poke fun at me on family movie nights and nominated me the usher,constantly forced to fetch drinks,make popcorn and play ottoman to tired feet.
The abuse was soul destroying and humiliating,i was shy and immature and never really fitted in at school where i felt alienated and frowned  upon.

In the showers after PT the boys would point and snigger amongst themselves,"Look he has a twig from a Robin's nest" and "Is your dads name John Bobbitt?"I suffered with severe acne and had the curliest hair known to mankind.The "Pro Evolution Theory" debate club always used me as a basis of proof(and they never lost.)

Despite these most dire circumstances.....burning deep within me was a desire to own that tube of clearasil, a heat so intense that it surpassed even that in the fusebox of the Renault.......that fateful day in std 5 i promised myself that one day i would own an amp that does not have humming transformers like Jason's.......

That day has arrived folks.....dance with me now......
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 07:39:56 AM by Kent Kassler »
Audiophile Sound Sommelier Extraordinaire....aka Manic Depressive Temporary Void Filler Deluxe.

Offline SS100

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AVForums Veteran
Re: Confessions of an audiophile drama queen....
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 07:55:47 AM »

...whilst i sat in a corner with dry bread and water talking to an imaginary friend.

:BWAHAHAH:    The Bard - the missing Python?

You were lucky!
"That was luxury. We used to get up in the morning at 10 at night which was half an hour before we went to bed - eat a hunk of dry poison work 29 hours a day at the mill and when we got home our parents would kill us and dance around our grave singing "Glory, Glory, Hallelujah."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe1a1wHxTyo

That day has arrived folks.....dance with me now......
First we want to see pictures...

Offline WD

• Formerly Waterhond
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 09:54:20 AM »
I dearly hope this is the amp I think it is.. you have suffered enough! :cleansound:

Offline Kent Kassler

• The Undertaker
  • Trader
  • Trade Count: (+58)
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2013, 10:07:08 AM »
Sadly not sir...that Dynaco mains transformer isn't one....no center tap,heaters floating away.....no stress....plans in action.
Audiophile Sound Sommelier Extraordinaire....aka Manic Depressive Temporary Void Filler Deluxe.