Wow - what a nice surprise (for Shure)

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alternativeroute

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Someone gave me a Shure M104e more than a month ago. I have not had a chance to test it really as I couldn't be asked to mount it onto one of my spare head-shells (finicky to hang these I find)...

Tonight I was scratching around in shoeboxes to see if I can try get this project done (if not done then at least moving). I found the SME heashell and it already had the p-mount adaptor mounted so I thought I might as well take the opportunity to test the Shure cartidge properly.

Wow - what a nice surprise.

The Shure M104E sounds excellent. Nice and clear through the frequency range with quite a full bass sound. Tracks excellently and cleanly with cymbals and esses clear without that messiness that can sometimes afflict cheap(er) cartridges.

I am not sure where this fell in the Shure range (in the day) but I am well pleased  :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs: It might just stay there for a bit so that I can save a few hours on my everyday Denon listener (which is probably 50% used by now - I need to check)...

Shure M104e

Latest posts