General ramblings

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oradba69

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Eventually I finished my Planar 3(halfway). Not happy with the boring black colour, I stripped it and started work on the plinth while I have send the arm away to Croak to have a few goodies gone to it  ;)
Guillaume was faster than me and I got the arm back completely rewired, a tail made up out of a set of van den Hull cables I supplied, cartridge fitted and alligned before I could finish my spray job.
After 4 coats ms primer, it was ready for topcoat, me and the SO chose the metalic paint, but as per usual the colour on the samples were not the same as the paint.  :(
Slipping into my Chip Foose guise I started mixing and eventually came up with an acceptable(read stunning for me and OK for the SO) colour.
Six coats later it was time for assembly. First step was to cover the whole bottom of the plinth with my addiction (Dynamat extreme) (Dane shuddup)  ;)
Assembly commenced since I could not hold out any longer to spin some vinyl.
Stage 2 of the upgrade entails a second plinth with solid cherry surround resting on the Rega rubber feet, while the standard resprayed plinth rests on the new plinth via Vibrapods.
In the mean time I received the Audio alchemy from Riaan and ran out of rack space. Since I know someone who throws together a few pieces of wood, a second hifi stand was employed since the Audio Alchemy is also a toploader.
This morning I popped out to the big half price vinyl sale and got some absolute gems from chilli. Got home and started washing some records.
Now a pressing of Doobie Brothers on the Nautrilus label is spinning and all I can say is WOWWWW.
I must have the least expensive hifi system on this board (excluding the Diablo phono stage) but OMS I enjoy my system. Dang this planar sings (must be the paint or some frog magic).
OK enough ramblings, need to listen to some music  :) :) :) :)