Need for valve amp transformers?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ampdog

R.I.P. 23 June 2022
Reaction score
I did put up this question somewhere in the past, but the scene might have changed. I wonder what the local market would be for locally manufactured power, output transformers and chokes for valve amps.

I believe the cost will be of prime interest, and cannot answer that directly. It should however, be meaningfully lower than imports (with unavoidable shipping costs and duty - and potential hassles!). A very general indicator might be the R1400 each I was quoted for a 120W output transformer and 500W power transformer - both with C-cores (size nominally 10 cm cube). E-I would be about 20% less. One matter: No need to frown on quality/design. There are enough of us experienced in this to guarantee quality of design at least as good as international, with more complete specs than often available from there. I also believe (also from experience) that we have more than one winder of quality products. One such can provide three sizes of end bells for E-I. Normal E-I as well as C-cores are available.

(Note: This is not a business proposal. I am not acting as agent for anybody, nor will be charging more than a few % extra where I am the designer.)   

Latest posts