Boozhound mm and mc diy phono kit

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vinyljan

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
The main reason for this is to encourage others to try their hand at DIY. I'm a complete noob but started one project at a time and want to eventually do a Lenco build with boozehound mm/ mc phono, valve preamp and power amp (still deciding on what product). Speakers are finished, apart from final touches, also did some cables etc..
Reason for the Boozhound is that it "offer kits that let the curious audiophile experience designs that they would otherwise have to build from scratch. The parts used in this kit are for the most part considered obsolete and are probably no longer being manufactured." It is like paint by numbers and can be bought over the internet (Boozhound Laboratories), price is about 90 US for mm, 49 for mc, 25 postage, R150 tax. Add a transformer (price?) and Velleman 1A power supply kit (R150) and you're almost there. I like the PIO (paper in oil) caps, if only for looks  :facepalm:. Compared to my previous phono amp I'm am quite happy and believe there is an improvement in sound and detail.
When stuck there are helpfull/ knowledgeable on the forum. I bought one of the kits available on the forum before, but unfortunately sold it ( unbuilt) to another forum member who was in a bit of a hurry to build a phono amp to use inside the plinth of a Lenco he was completing.
IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards

IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards