Valve Audio Exclam? - exceptional value

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Now Playing

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
I'd been looking to put together a small footprint bookshelf system that will deliver great sound for a number of years now.  Recently the stars aligned and the right speakers presented themselves in the form of a pair of Spendor SA1s.  I'd already ordered a VA Exclam? unheard based purely on the strength of feedback I've had from owners of VA amplifiers and on having heard the Exclam?'s bigger brothers around the traps.  Having now spent a few days listening to this combo almost day and night I must say I love the sound I'm getting - the combination has completely surpassed my expectations and I couldn't have chosen a better integrated for my needs.  It's very musical, has great presence and does a great job delivering detail.  I've caught myself a few times having to stop what I'm doing to focus solely on the music and at the same time marvel at how this setup can possibly sound so good.  Hats off to Schalk, brilliant stuff.  Dankie tog my main system is active otherwise I'd be releasing the moths from my wallet.

Status
Not open for further replies.