Digital Media Players which do you recommend

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mod

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals, Over the weekend I purchased a WD TV Live hub for my father's birthday set up and running this unit it came with a built in 1TB hdd, interface is cool and was easy to work with.

Now I am personally keen to get one myself but would like advice and suggestions on which one you prefer, I have looked at specificaly the WD TV Live Hub as I have just bought one, but have also been looking at the Mede8ter 500x2 there are a few pros on both of them but not sure other than that

Pros WD
Small
No excesive lights
No fan noise (No cooling fan)

Cons
Set up facility is a little Blah
built in hdd makes the unit small but there is no way to expand unless you use a external hdd.

I dont know of any pors or cons with the Mede8ter except it is bigger with a fan BUT one can add up to a 3tb HDD in the Mede8ter

which route would you guys go.

Also if I buy either of these can I take my current BD collection and just copy the files onto them and watch the movies from the media Player, I like to keep my discs in the drawer as hard back up, I have done it with my entire CD collection to my cell phone

Thanks

Latest posts