Author Topic: This was too good not to share - Why Vinyl sucks!  (Read 6808 times)

Offline oNyX

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • воля
    • Audiophile Mythologies - TNT Audio
Re: This was too good not to share - Why Vinyl sucks!
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2013, 10:46:33 AM »
:BWAHAHAH: Oh well, at least some LPs have sentimental value. Like this one Trevor Nasser LP, its got Vyfster on it. :dance:

But according to the quoted article, it sucks. It's not a CD, no relaxing rice crispy effect. :vsad:
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 10:56:30 AM by oNyX »
The Pre-History of British Audiophile Mythologies - TNT Audio

Silver conduct better than Copper, Copper conducts better than Gold. It doesn't matter how it conducts, it simply needs a connection.

Offline stereo247

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2013, 03:09:09 PM »
Firstwatch.   :whistler:

Vinyl has something that CD doesn't have. On the other hand you can record a LP to uncompressed WAVE. But....

There were times where LPs was R2 each. AN ENTIRE LP!! That's cheaper than iTunes.  :point:

Yes, distortion... And don't forget breakfast is the first meal of the day. Nothing like rice crispies which just like vinyl snap crackle and pop ...

Offline chrisc

• Trade Count: (+81)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • “Without music, life would be a mistake.”
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2013, 03:51:41 PM »
I have some cylinder records made in 1896-1899.  At least you can hear the words.  In case you missed them, they repeat the chorus 5 times in the 2 minute recording

You can listen to it (and more) here:  http://www.tinfoil.com/cm-1311.htm

Offline Wiredforlife

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • AVForums Member
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2013, 11:22:17 AM »
"Give that man a Bells"

Could'nt agree with the chap more. Vinyls sucks, a pure money making scam. And to the guy that saw there was a market for frisbee suckers after digital music came to be! You deserve a Bells as well. 

First Google search on why Vynil sucks

HERE!!!!

http://marlene-d.blogspot.com/2011/12/hi-my-sweet-little-schweinehunde-today.html

« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 11:26:02 AM by Wiredforlife »

Offline DeonC

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2014, 05:12:11 AM »
F*** vinyl.... I want my cassette tapes. Let's not forget these eejits.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-22533522
  :facepalm:

Was this printed on April the 1st? Sure that date at the top of the article is wrong.
Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Offline DeonC

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2014, 05:31:40 AM »
You lost me at 'turntable'. Right. So ermmm, how does it go? Oh yes, Brace Yerselves Sheila, here it comes!!!!! ...........

Ma, we found the Tinman! What?!? Of course his ears are made of tin, Ma, what did you expect?!? And he's an opinionated SOB too! :point:

Man, I heard that a percentage of people can't hear the effects of stereo. Now it seems there are some people that can't hear, period. He is articulate, stupid, but articulate. :ROFLMAO:

http://marlene-d.blogspot.com/2011/12/hi-my-sweet-little-schweinehunde-today.html

And this candidate for ridicule actually had a turntable. Probably the cheapest piece of ... he could find (BSR, maybe?). :faint: :nutter: And by the sounds of it, he did not care much for the quality of the discs either. :moron: And he wonders why it sounded bad? A Ferrari needs a bit more care in ownership than a Daihatsu, but...

As the Bible says, in the last days there will be people who can see but are blind, and can hear but are deaf.  :BWAHAHAH:
Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.