using two liberaries with LMS

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

handsome

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
i have two lots of music lossless (FLAC) and lossy (MP3s). They are in separate folders. is there a simple way to create two separate libraries in LMS so when i want to listen to just FLACs or FLACS & MP3s i can...but without losing the playlist, random mix or MusicIP functionality?

I have purchased the Multi Library plugin and the (necessary) Custom Browse plugin but am finding them both way too complicated (absolutely no help files whatsoever). Apparently to retain the random mix functionality in a custom library one now also has to install (and pay for) the SQL plugin and the Dynamic Playlist plugin....sheeesh! Way too much for my brain - not so surprised that LMS was cancelled now, I mean four plugins for what should surely be a simple function?

So can anyone here step me through the process or point me to a solution anywhere?

What about if i used my FLACS as my only library and activated the "use iTunes" function for MP3s...what would that do? I am not ure how the "use iTunes" function works...no help files again....

My v 7.8 LMS and music files reside on a WHS 2011 microserver

Latest posts