CD 40 classical Anthems

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

santoshlv426

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Purchased this double CD from Music Moods and it's very good. The recording is excellent and many of the tracks featured will be recognizable as the ones played frequently on Classic FM.

Composers are the usual suspects including Vivaldi, Tchikovsky, Bach etc.

I cannot fault the quality of the recording. It's certainly taught me even more about true Hi Fidelity, and I thought I knew  it all. I have not often listened to choral, orchestral or symphonic music on my Hi FI, but wow, what a revelation.  I can actually see and distinguish clearly the position of the players and their instruments. It's as if I'm sitting front and center in the performance.

Unlike pop and rock which relays heavily on beats-per-minute, bass and synthesizers, classical music, played through the right hi fi, comes across in layers upon layers of music with many individual instruments coming in at different times and positions, some physically behind others and others in front (to the left or right).

Highly recommended - just make sure you have the system to match, as I'm sure many of you do.
Santosh

Latest posts