vivere demo impressions

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ron g

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
well, what better place to post my impressions??

very, very pleasantly surprised this morning to get the news that there was a vivere demo unit waiting for me!!!

drove through this evening, picked it up. always good to see audiomuze & listen to some music there..

set it up - dead easy to do, & then fire up some music. all i can say is i am blown away...i really was not sure that it would make a significant difference on my system. was i ever wrong..

there is just so much detail. everything is sharper & clearer, crisper & more detailed. the difference is noticable all the way through the frequency range. bass is more defined & musical - less bang bang, & more flowing. midrange likewise, high frequencies are so much clearer without any harshness.

as people have remarked previously the imaging is superb as well.

i initially started with some a/b tests comparing to the audio alchemy. soon realised it was a total waste of time as the vivere is in another class altogether.

tried it with a range of music from my normal acoustic stuff. dan patlansky's wooden thoughts always sounded good. now it is so lifelike it's a little bit scary.. i know every single note of janis ian's "billy's bones", i have listened to it repeatedly - never sounded so good...

for a change of pace i tried falling mirror's "johnny calls the chemist", frank zappa's" catholic girls" (bet the neghbours loved that!!) & jim white's "ghost town of my brain". same improvement - this is not a system which favours acoustic at the expense of electric...

admittedly i do not have much experience in hi fi, but this just blows me away. no doubt i will have one of these & pay the price with a smile. i am now satisfied with my system...

only thing i don't understand is this south african obsession with names starting with "v" - i now have a valve audio amp, vivid audio speakers (v1.5s to boot..) & a vivere dac..it's a conspiracy i tell ya!!

big thanks to the guys who made this happen. i hope you have the success you deserve & make a packet (or at least break even  :whistler: :whistler: :whistler:)

oh - and anyone in the centurion / clubview area who would like to take a listen is welcome to swing around on friday evening for a listen & a glass of whiskey / cup of coffee - just drop me a pm

Latest posts