Automatic Voltage Regulator

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
I have been starting to look into power cables and the advantage and disadvantages of such.  Based on common sense I decided to have a look at the power we receive from our utility company (Eskom).  One item that spurred me on was a purchase of a very high end processor which has a LCD display to show operating temperature and voltage being received from the mains.  Scary, as it was reading 236V where it was set at 220V.  Not a huge difference but considering you do not sit and monitor power continuously; I got a bit scared due to possible damage on equipment.  The higest I have seen is 238V.  I looked at a few devices and have purchased a Clearline AVR unit which can handle 5KVA and include a picture of it in my system.  What you see is input voltage at 229V, amps at 1.8A and output voltage at 221V.  Input varies often and ranges from (seen so far) 219V to 238V.  This is availble at under R3,000.00 in the market and really a worthwhile upgrade to 'source'.  And yes... I believe there is an improvement of the overall aound in addition to piece of mind of some clean power to your systems.
vr01.jpg
vr02.jpg