Cambridge Audio Azur 540C (Version 2)

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fredeb

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
I can get one of these new for ~R3500 , I'd like thoughts from more experienced users . I'd be ordering online so listening first is out of the question . ATM I'm listening to a NAD501 that I picked up from a pawnshop ( not working ) for R100 . I replaced the drive belt from another broken cd player and have bought new incandescent bulbs for the display but have yet to solder them in place . 

IMG_5456.jpg

Looks pretty shweet !

Here's the blurb :

"The Azur 540C boasts performance, build quality and a specification to embarrass not just its immediate rivals, but many CD players costing twice the price.

On-board technologies include the latest generation WM8740 24-bit/192kHz DAC(digital to analogue converter) from highly respected manufacturer Wolfson. This highly regarded DAC is also used in the 540C's bigger brother - the 640C - and offers incredible detail.

The 540C Version 2 also uses a high-specification toroidal transformer for the lowest distortion and excellent signal to noise ratio. For easier connection to multi-room systems the 540C now includes Control Bus inputs and outputs.

The latest 540C also takes in a custom Cambridge Audio servo solution and transport, and proprietary data re-clocking for exceptionally low jitter.

Electronics sit on a specially designed low resonance, acoustically damped chassis for optimum performance and like all Azur products, the 540C is housed within a solid aluminium fronted case.

Completing the package is the latest Azur navigator aluminium faced remote handset that offers complete access to the 540C?s wide range of features."

Latest posts