Arty absorption panels

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alanB

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
Some of you may have followed the threads below regarding room treatment and absorption panels in particular.  I saw one of the other members make his own panel a while ago on which his wife painted something interesting.  I built my own a while ago motivated by his example and was quite happy with the results, visually and audibly.

I recently finished a website for my own images (I hesitate to call it art). I take a lot of photo's and wanted a platform for selling/presenting them as a hobby/sideline - as much to motivate me to continue taking good photo's as anything else.  Having said that my images are not photo's, and probably not everyone's cup of tea, I'm not sure what to call them....

ANYWAAAAY....

To get to the point, I added a page to my website featuring the inclusion of sound damping material to a normal canvas frame as a standard option for all my images, seeing as I was building the site anyway. 

I was wandering what you guys might think of the concept, particularly the effect of relatively non-permeable canvas as a covering fabric.  I would appreciate comments from anyone interested.  http://www.abolton.co.za/?q=con,6,Acoustic%20Frames