Moers holier than thou

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mafioso

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hi Gents

Have you even been asked by a spammer to whitelist him/her them? Kind of like being asked by the teacher to staan nader for a ruler whack on the paws, innit? I have just received such a plaintive email from an antivirus software peddler (not Norton/Symantec) but from the seller of the stuff I use for the past few years. Every year around this time and until January, these people start spamming with a vengeance to purchase a new subscription to their wares. For two years running now, I got bombarded with almost bi daily demands to renew, even if there were 4 or 5 months to run on my existing subscription.

This time last year, I had a running battle with them to stop this nuisance and I finally made such a lawaai that they gave me 3 or it could be 5 months extra runtime, probably all forgotten by now but I do have this undertaking somewhere in my inbox.

The fact that they ask you to "click" here to unsubscribe to their spam is in any case illegal and that I will never do anyway. I don't buy online and prefer to tootle down to my local Chaos/Computermania or whatever, give them the readies and walk away with my box of antivirus. Like last year, if they start their spamming again, I may just go for AVG or whatever. There's nothing I dislike more if I ask a persistent spammer to stop and the junk carries on regardless :mad:

mafioso