I find this strange...

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Schmuck

After one of Rodney's threads yesterday I downloaded the frequency files and did my test last night at a constant 36 Hz. Castle states a -6dB range of 30 Hz upwards.
I must say that 36 Hz "sounds" deep and well controlled on the Castles. Put a smile on my face to be honest.

Then.... you play music (at the same volume), which you "think" also reaches down to these frequencies, BUT it apparently does not.  :thinking:
You are left wanting more and changing your seating position enhances the bass frequencies - Classic case of room gain you think??
And by changing position I mean: either sitting on the floor in front of the couch or simply sitting on the edge of the couch, leaning a bit forward.
Leaning back dissipates the bass frequencies.
Doing the opposite of the above during the constant 36 Hz has the opposite effect.  :Ooooooh:

Some of you will remember that I do have a problem with my space and the odd shape of the roof specifically. The Castles sort of addressed this problem, but after last night I feel the problem is still exists.

My "sweet spot" did well with the constant frequency, but it sounds terrible when it comes to music. :sulky: