Author Topic: The Parow Valley Sessions....Golden Lion vs AlleyCat .(Who's urine is stronger)  (Read 17618 times)

Offline The Godfather

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • AVForums Veteran
Very entertaining you cheps.

Offline Kent Kassler

• The Undertaker
  • Trader
  • Trade Count: (+57)
...the outcome of this most splendid day was the realization that we all have vastly different desires in the area of audio reproduction...thankfully in this instance a fair number of similarities did exist in relation to these two setups and their owners...let's examine a few of these...both pensioners have worked well into the retirement years,both have been exposed to years of exposure to loud industrial machinery,both enjoy an extended high frequency response and 80's Pioneer bass(the kind that washes across the floor and drowns you in a tidalwave fashion)...both men clearly have a distinct preference for music without a midrange frequency or anything that "has a hole in the middle"....choosing a winner publicly is also a political decision and not simply a musical one,do I pick the spoilt Israeli mommy's boy or the selfmade Lavender Hill gangster(son of his sister now reformed)...you see my predicament?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 02:22:31 PM by Kent Kassler. »
Audiophile Sound Sommelier Extraordinaire....aka Manic Depressive Temporary Void Filler Deluxe.

Offline Kent Kassler

• The Undertaker
  • Trader
...this one could so easily be shared but that would not please the masses so I feel I must award the Kent Kassler Golden Shower Award to Alleycat,a finer feline spray exists not.I have agonised and spent many a sleepless night(not as many as shagless mind you) contemplating who was more deserving and after witnessing the tragedy of Lonmin(not a Vietnamese conflict Judy)a local one involving miners(no Judy don't phone Child Welfare)it dawned on me that the decision should be based on a New South Africa vibe...Alleycat bask in the glory that is you,you have reached the pinnacle of audio reproduction,your system is worth more than the entire suburb you grew up in but please don't listen to Dean's opinion when he gets to you later today,he is a Nadfan so BEE is his bias,take it with a pinch of salt.
Audiophile Sound Sommelier Extraordinaire....aka Manic Depressive Temporary Void Filler Deluxe.

Offline AlleyCat

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • AVForums Veteran
Barbie Ken Kassler, you are my hero! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: We in our community will gather all our remaining good cows and chickens tonight and we are gonna parteeee. Now if only we can get Rodney to join us with all that good wine that the guys left with him, then we can really celebrate. :clap:
"Not everything meaningful is measurable, and not everything measurable is meaningful" - Floyd Toole

Offline Kent Kassler

• The Undertaker
  • Trader
Rodney won't come,he's albino and fighting for a column he can vote in........

Offline Kent Kassler

• The Undertaker
  • Trader
...have they added PINK yet?

Offline Kent Kassler

• The Undertaker
  • Trader
...one thing is for certain.."he who goes tapping on Mr Gold's mine had better be carrying something more substantial than a panga"...that man is a killer!