Author Topic: A life beyond audio...."The Cape Flats Billy Joel and Christie Brinkley Story"  (Read 9431 times)

Offline Kent Kassler

Jokes aside...the 800's with that table...EAT unit if i recall correctly and one of Stereo Musicality's Allnic phono's with Classe amplification sounded truly sublime...TRULY!...not quite as enthused when we switched to cd.... :whistler:
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 09:48:54 AM by Kent Kassler »
Audiophile Sound Sommelier Extraordinaire....aka Manic Depressive Temporary Void Filler Deluxe.

Offline Atjan

Was that after you place the veil on the tweeter section? :point:
It's only hifi people....

Offline Shonver

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Criss-cross rhythms that explode with happiness
    • Elipse (under construction)
Pheew!  :Ooooooh:

So relieved to find it is not the Hein I was thinking of. Thought I was going mad. That one only puts out NS10Ms and other 80s throw-aways.

DON'T PANIC
Capie

Offline dean

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • cables make a difference
One of the best systems ive heard so far.
Contact me for denon, monitor audio,klipsch, rotel,boston,velodyne,marantz,oppo,  B&W.any many more quality brands. We install home cinema , dstv and top line security systems.we now also do nad, mission and psb.yamaha,onkyo,integra,Cambridge audio.svs

Offline Stereoid

What an entertaining read this was, Kent! Now to clean the coffee off my monitor and assure startled co-workers I'm not a nutter...
Thank you Sir!

Offline Kent Kassler

;D....i will continue this asap...glad you enjoyed it so far :giggle:
Audiophile Sound Sommelier Extraordinaire....aka Manic Depressive Temporary Void Filler Deluxe.

Offline adie

Define ASAP.

Offline frikkie

Pheew!  :Ooooooh:

So relieved to find it is not the Hein I was thinking of. Thought I was going mad. That one only puts out NS10Ms and other 80s throw-aways.

:giggle:  :ROFLMAO:
Sometimes I drink a glass of water... Just to surprise my liver.

Offline mahleu

• Modem Forumator
  • Forum Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Call a spade a spade, not a banana.
....Dean and i discussed our fully qualified Monk statuses having been with the same woman for the longest time..

I'm a little worried. I saw a programme on tv the other day of a man with lots of wives, lots of politics.
Always up for coffee and investments - insurance - retirement.

Offline I Shot Tupac!!!

I'm a little worried. I saw a programme on tv the other day of a man with lots of wives, lots of politics.

More than one...  :facepalm: I dunno how they do it.

Offline Stereoid

Define ASAP.

Oi, Kent! We need an update here..... :whip:

Offline Atjan

Kent is an artist and without his muze, he simply cannot perform.  ;D
It's only hifi people....

Offline Kent Kassler

The time had arrived for me to pay for the Marantz amp,out came the wallet with the exact amount the permed headed,soft spoken man masquerading as one said it would be on the phone...suddenly he started speaking like Marlee Matlin,typing away on his computer, no doubt investigating the vintage Marantz sites where some retarded Chernobyl survivor was quoted as saying that "this little miracle 1050 outclassed model 9's for a fraction of the cost" or emailing Ken Ishiwatta for appraisal and a fib letter claiming he had owned the amp.......slivers of spit traveling in my direction like guided missiles as he concocted some bullsh1t story about how he could not sell it to me right now because the stars were not aligned(i took this to mean that Ken and himself weren't nose to nose) or because he took offense to me dodging his precious gob when most of his customers where bibs but stand still.......Dean and i left to go visit Alleycat who is married to Heins girlfriend.......tbc.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 08:19:01 AM by Kent Kassler »

Offline AlleyRat

Dean and i left to go visit Alleycat who is married to Heins girlfriend.......tbc.

BarbieKent, you made me laugh so loud this morning and there was nobody to appreciate it! Hein's"girlfriend" has left very early this morning for the Wilderness, where she is participating in a three day race along the coast there. I would have paid a gazillion bucks to see her face on that comment! Great Fun!Keep it up!

And before you ask : I am going fishing... ( insert your own comment here?!) in Struisbaai for the long weekend!

« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 08:45:43 AM by AlleyCat »
"Not everything meaningful is measurable, and not everything measurable is meaningful" - Floyd Toole

Offline Kent Kassler

:)....I knew I would drag you out of hiding....will continue soonest my friend:)