Author Topic: HELP COMPLETE TOILETS FOR FEEDING SCHEME  (Read 3100 times)

Online Juggy

Re: HELP COMPLETE TOILETS FOR FEEDING SCHEME
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2013, 04:34:52 PM »
Details as well please.

Dankie

Offline PAPPA3

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2013, 11:32:09 AM »
Thanks to all who have generously donated.  The fund at the moment is as follows:

Coins collected by kids in our children's ministry - R1107,00
Funds raised by a church fundraiser - R1000,00
Donations from Forum members - R2200,00
Grand total raised - R4307,00

Balance needed to reach R5500 is R1193,00

So we're very close to the target.  We've challenged the families in our church with kids in the children's ministry to raise R100 per household.  That should help us reach the target.  I can't wait to hand the money over to pastor Gabriel, and then to eventually see the completed building and the Place of Hope Feeding Project up and running again :clap:.  Regarding accountability, we take measures to ensure that no money is wasted and that "administration" costs are not excessive.  We handed the money for 6 bicycles to pastor Gabriel and a few weeks later we received the photos of the bicycles being handed out.  With this project, it may take a while longer because the project is in a large, but quite rural village.  So the materials then have to be bought in town and transported, etc.  Pastor Gabriel has to even get to town to email me the photos.  I'll keep the post updated when we hand over the money and when the project is completed.

A big "THANK YOU" to the following forum members who gave the fund an immediate boost: Family_Dog, GECO, David Copperfield, Gerhard and Juggy

I hope you won't mind a verse here:

"What God the Father considers to be pure and genuine religion is this: to take care of orphans and widows in their suffering and to keep oneself from being corrupted by the world" - James 1:27

Offline Family_Dog

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • STEEL & GLASS - Everlasting Beauty!
    • Repcom 2-way Radios
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2013, 06:20:10 PM »
Good to hear, Brett!

Come guys, let's raise a further R1000 here!! Building materials do not get cheaper.

-F_D

-Eric

That Guy in South Africa...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vintage_tube/

Offline Atjan

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2013, 08:02:40 PM »
If the end of the month can rush closer, I'm in as well.
It's only hifi people....