Author Topic: HELP COMPLETE TOILETS FOR FEEDING SCHEME  (Read 3105 times)

Offline PAPPA3

HELP COMPLETE TOILETS FOR FEEDING SCHEME
« on: May 16, 2013, 03:01:06 PM »
Our church is in partnership with several mission organizations.  Each year our church selects a few missions projects to assist these organizations with.  Last year we joined Bible for Believers [http://biblesforbelievers.org/ ] on a missions trip to Zimbabwe .  It was a great success.  The team along with local pastors planted 10 churches using Bibles for Believers church planting model.  We were also made aware of the huge need in the area.  There was an immediate need for Bibles and also for bicycles for the pastors.  When we returned from the trip in July 2012, we were able to assist with a few boxes of bibles and we also sent up money for 6 bicycles.  The area over which the pastors work is very big – far too big to walk.  The pastors also receive very little support from their local church members since the members themselves are extremely poor.  Below are pictures of the 6 bicycles that were handed out. 

We were also able to assist Gospel for Asia with one Goodness well similar to the one below  (R8500).  http://www.gfa.org/ministries/jesuswells/

Offline PAPPA3

Re: HELP COMPLETE TOILETS FOR FEEDING SCHEME
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 03:04:12 PM »
On the personal missions project our family were able to raise funds for 15 bicycles for leaders who are being trained by Multi-Ministries [http://www.multiministries.co.za/ ] .  These were handed out in December last year (2012).

Offline PAPPA3

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 03:10:54 PM »
On the trip last year we came across a feeding scheme called the “Place of Hope”.  It is a feeding scheme started by a local church in the area.  Many of the villagers are farm workers and have to leave their children behind for the day.  The church, Grace Ministries, started a feeding scheme and aftercare for the village.  The children are fed and taken care of for free.  Unfortunately the government stepped in and shut the feeding scheme down.  The reason: the toilets that were used by the Place of Hope feeding scheme did not have a proper roof or doors.  There were closed until such time that they could repair the ablution block.  The cost of the repairs is R5500.  Our church’s children’s ministry has undertaken to raise funds for the repairs.  So far they’re up to R2200.  I’m putting this out on the forum in case anyone is able to assist with helping to raise the extra R3300.  The kids have been collecting coins and since February this year, R2200 is a huge amount in coppers!  If you would like to assist, please PM me and I’ll mail you our church’s missions account.  The money will be given to pastor Gabriel Nenhowe who is one of the local Zimbabwe area leaders working with Bibles for Believers.  Every cent makes a difference and will go to the Feeding Centre

PLACE OF HOPE

TOILETS NEEDING TO BE REPAIRED BEFORE FEEDING CAN CONTINUE

KIDS FROM THE VILLAGE

PASTOR GABRIEL

Offline Atjan

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 03:19:16 PM »
/\ Don't mess with Pastor Gabriel!  ;D

A good cause for sure.  :thumbs:
It's only hifi people....

Offline Family_Dog

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • STEEL & GLASS - Everlasting Beauty!
    • Repcom 2-way Radios
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2013, 05:17:48 PM »
Guys let's make a difference here. Brett, PM me your details please.

11 people at R300 each will not break the bank but will help those in need with some basic respect.

-F_D

-Eric

That Guy in South Africa...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vintage_tube/

Offline PAPPA3

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2013, 06:06:31 PM »
Thanks Family_Dog.  That's awesome  :Whoohoo:  PM going through

Offline Peter Carpenter

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2013, 07:31:54 PM »
It's a wonderful effort indeed. Tight fisted I may seem, will cling onto the contents of my wallet until that horrendous creature 'Robert' dies, or is voted out by the people of Zimbabwe, the latter be their choice.
Citizens of a beautiful country, Zimbabwe, flee from a dictator similar to Hitler and dispense with their right of casting votes against a utter villain. That also be of their choice.

As much as I admire PAPPA 3's and dedicated assistants efforts just over the close by border, UK and American governments have concluded that financial donations unto Africa be belittled by 'Cronies', (just as currently in SA) prior to delivery unto those who are sorely in need.

Further West in Africa, countries are selling their souls to Chinese, building highways though National Parks in personal greed and depriving wild life of routes accustomed to for thousands of years, probably prior to existence of greedy humans.

All of that said, most forum members reside in South Africa, My policy being 'Let's look after ourselves first'. In conclusion, I add that in my personal capacity make regular donations to PDSA and SPCA, pets and animals cannot talk, they rely on human friends and their love is uncomplicated and un argumentative. Humans have evolved and in my opinion each of us has a gift, a talent of some sort, if utilized properly the latter could be a better world for all. 

Offline skollie

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Cableth make no differenth. Ith all in the plugth
    • Blue Angel
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2013, 08:07:45 PM »
I much regret but my reply will also be somewhat cynical. Those poor Zimbabweans (and the millions of them residing here) - have it in their own minds and hands to change their situation. How? They're supposed to have a Zimbabwean version of democracy.

This means they have been empowered for several decades now to rid themselves of their evil leader Robert Mugabe and his cronies who have enriched themselves beyond most people's dreams - callously and without conscience or thought for his poor subjects.

While your thoughts and deeds are kind and laudable Pappa, with all respect - I suggest charity begins at home.

mafioso

If you don't like my principles, I have others - Groucho Marx

Offline GECO

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2013, 08:25:35 PM »
Send me details. I am more than wiiling to help.

Offline David Copperfield

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2013, 08:45:42 PM »
At the end of it all it's all about the children. That little bit of stability is sometimes all they have to get them through the day. Not to mention a little moral upbringing from the church that will forge them into better adults.

The joint venture between the churches is legit enough for me and despite geographics it's a small offering for a lot more benefit to the children.

Offline Gerhard

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2013, 09:15:53 PM »
Send me details. I am more than wiiling to help.

Ditto.

Offline Atjan

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2013, 11:26:55 PM »
For those who worry about helping people in Zimbabwe. Think of it like this: If its better to be there, perhaps less will want to come here.  :-X

Offline Heinrich

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • silence is golden, but ductape is silver
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2013, 07:59:11 AM »
For those who worry about helping people in Zimbabwe. Think of it like this: If its better to be there, perhaps less will want to come here.  :-X

nah, have no problem having them here(excluding the rapists and murderers)
we had a Zimbabwean that worked for my dad while building a house, he stayed on afterwards and ended up living there for 2 years.
he was a great guy.
responsible, educated, a real treat.

was sad to see him go.

he would come to SA , work for 6 months and then take whatever he earned back home.
sometimes i would drop him off at the bus station with literally a bakkie load of clothes that he would take home with him.

someone told me that i can make ice cubes with left over wine.
i am confused, what is left over wine?

Offline Atjan

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2013, 12:20:36 AM »
The guys with the get-up and go to get things done are the ones who gets-up and goes, in this case to SA. I have no problem with Zimbabweans who come here to earn an honest living. I know quite a few who are good at their jobs working with me.

My comment is aimed at those who are apposed to 'spending abroad'.  :)

Offline Peter Carpenter

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2013, 03:00:45 PM »
'Cynical' my above posting may seem, it was merely an opinion.

What caught my eye in the above pictures was seeing not one person poorly dressed, the equipment used in that Hall and those bicycles given to Pastors, enabling them to spread word further afield.
The toilet repairs could have come first.

My donations are closer to home, one being too a women driving a beaten up old bakkie, she spends more than R800 a week of her own money on dog and cat food, those being fed 7 days a week.
That's aside from time, petrol and the maintenance of her vehicle. Opens cans nightly to fill a larger container for her travels the next day in 'my area' and a vast surround. This wonderful woman has tried
electric can openers which just cannot cope, so it's back to a manual type currently. My offer of providing an Industrial can opener was declined, little did I know that those cost R2000!

A school close by has just done costly additions, doubling the number of class rooms, their resident 'Labby' limped for 2 years, guess who fed that every animal every day and who insisted that the Principal purchase a kennel? That poor dog now put to sleep on the insistence of the Lady above, he suffers no long! The "Principal" keeps the kennel for another dog, rather than donating it for some other 'poor dog'.

I know exactly how my donation last week of R200 is put too use, I SEE the good use made of that in an area surrounding my residence. My almost 18 year old Labby died 3 weeks ago and I never once took advantage of this wonderful women in catering for Oscar's needs.