My tiny theatre build

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abu

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Due to the wife getting a patio, I did not get the 2 rooms joined  :angrywife: so my room is only 3m (w) x 4.65m (l) x 2.6 (h)

Here's a shot of the front wall where a sliding door was taken out and plastered up. My workshop (eventually, for now it's a store room) is down the door to the right.
i4e784.jpg

Rickety shelves removed
5fqczn.jpg

Shot of the back wall with old cupboard still in place. Door to the right leads to kids play area. Door on back wall goes to toilet.
nq8gp.jpg

Cupboard removed to have a flat back wall.
adndk0.jpg

This is a shot of the colour I was thinking of painting it.. kind of a chocolate brown. Not sure if you can see it from the pic.
2vwskqr.jpg

The idea is to have a 7.1 setup where the .1 will be in-ceiling IB. So my questions are:

Is the brown colour OK as I've read it should not be a light colour...  Or have I got my wires completely crossed?
The ceiling, should that be a different colour again?
Seeing as the width is only 3m , my speakers will probably have to be flush against the side walls.. I guess that will not be great for the sound, but will it be OK and not terrible?
For the IB, I was thinking 2 manifolds of 2 drivers each, but again, seeing as the width is only 3m, will I get any benefit out of that or should I rather just go with a manifold of 4 drivers smack bang in the middle?

That's all I can think of for now... my edit timer is running out. Appreciate any advice that you guys wish to offer.

Cheers!

Latest posts