Author Topic: Unfair treatment  (Read 10877 times)

Offline Shonver

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Criss-cross rhythms that explode with happiness
    • Elipse (under construction)
Re: Unfair treatment
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2009, 04:08:19 PM »
Then I'm blamed for him leaving ? I think that's nonsense to be honest.

I don't he left. He just sold us some good drivers for quite cheap. Some evidence that he can't know much about audio!  ;D ;D

DON'T PANIC
Capie

Offline Vaughan

« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2009, 04:27:32 PM »
Quote from: Shonver
He just sold us some good drivers for quite cheap

Did you test out one of his 12" drivers ?  ;D

Regards,

Offline Shonver

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Criss-cross rhythms that explode with happiness
    • Elipse (under construction)
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2009, 04:35:23 PM »
Not 12". We're building some satellite speakers with the coaxial drivers he sold us. See the DIY section.

DON'T PANIC
Capie

Offline AudioEngineer

« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2009, 11:23:09 PM »
The discussion then carried over to AVS which have individuals there with arguably more experience in the field (several respectable reviewers and designers participated) and my views were supported by their remarks.

I wouldn't quite say that. I also participated in that thread and the technical points that were made in our AVSA thread were supported over there by some very highly regarded sub designers. In the end it boiled down to how things were worded, that is, the existence of these phenomena were confirmed, but then it boiled down to whether these would exist in a well-designed sub or not. I believe we were all correct in the points we made, so let's rather call this a 50/50 result.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. (Albert Einstein)

Offline Vaughan

« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2009, 08:14:25 PM »
Those same highly regarded sub designers were questioning the "equal loudness curves audibility claim". Not that I need them to argue for me. I was going to post something in the original thread but then I thought to myself, "it's probably not worth the hassle" given that the thread hasn't been touched in a long time.

I'll just say this. Although it is true that we are sensitive to higher frequencies (ie have a lower threshold) compared to deep bass,  I would argue that we're just as sensitive to masking source material over the same bandwidth. In fact, if the subwoofer is low passed 4th order at 80-100 Hz (which is what I argued again and again and even Ed Mullen reiterated this), and the port is properly designed, you don't even NEED masking source material, as the port resonance is simply not audible.

I won't dismiss the fact that a poorly designed unit can give poor results (that's a given) but my thread never discussed poorly functioning models. It was the design itself I discussed.

Anyways, I'm pretty sure you'll disagree with me about the "equal loudness" thing so let's just agree to disagree ahead of time. :)

Regards,
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 08:37:36 PM by goneten »

Offline BWS

« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2009, 10:12:13 AM »
 ::) ::) DEJA VU  ::) ::)

To add my 4c worth and possibly stir things up again,

How many more times is this type of complaint, bickering, claims of unfair treatment etc etc ad-nauseum going to resurface?

This forums has gone from a group of well mannered audio sluts to a band of spineless, bickering, PMS laden grouches (obviously a generalization that doesn't apply to EVERYone).

The real eye opener is that AVSA finds it increasingly hard to find printable/usable material from this forum - What a shame  :( considering all the promise that came with the initial 'alliance' (I'll use this term seeing as we are in election season :))

After all these years, people still seem intent on misunderstanding the concept of a public forum. A public forum brings with it a melting pot of personalities and attitudes. With this knowledge at hand when registering, you should be prepared to roll with the punches if you dish them out. If not, and someone decides to leave then so be it. I still feel that everyone should be allowed free speech within the constitutional rights of this country, which paraphrased means "no malicious, racist etc etc" . This forum was founded on sarcasm  :D and snide remarks  ;D but never lowered itself to anything malicous or personal and I dont think it has in this case either.

I sincerely hope things can sort themselves out

In the word : Scent, is it the S or the C that is silent?

Offline Viagara

• Legendary Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Flying High, Digging Low
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2009, 10:41:31 AM »
This forum was founded on sarcasm  :D and snide remarks  ;D

Really? Never, we were far to polite ;)
Don't take life too seriously, you will not make it out alive.....

(Location Cape Town)

Offline Vaughan

« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2009, 01:24:11 PM »
Just for an update : everything is cool. :)

Regards,

Offline The Godfather

« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2009, 08:47:03 PM »
Just for an update : everything is cool. :)

Regards,
Thanks for that update

Please keep us updated.

Offline Hennie

« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2009, 09:00:31 PM »

Offline Vaughan

« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2009, 12:02:31 PM »
Quote from: Byrd
Please keep us updated.

I think this thread can be locked.