What the Hell

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winslow

R.I.P. 23 June 2023
Reaction score
While waiting at a traffic light yesterday a "gentleman" in a taxi decided he was exempt from stopping and he collected the right rear of my car.
I sprang into action got out the car only to find him reversing the cursed thing and attempting to split for want of a better word.
Not having this says I and I ask him to stop. Yes says the fellow I am going to stop in front of you.
Being somewhat wound up me thinks not bloody likely is this fine example of human genetics going to stop.
I walk beside the drivers door as he steers the pile of misfiring junk around my car. Asking him to please stop all as polite as I can muster.
This bloke then swerves the thing into me sending me flying bang  into the middle of the road.
He and his thing continues on his merry way in a cloud of smoke and exhaust popping.

Lying in the middle of the road in agony something broken for sure, fallen of enough motorcycles know the sensation all to well.
Cant get up in agony in the middle of the road.
People rushing to help and I manage to get to the pavement took a while cant get on my feet my shoulder and arm are on fire.

Surprise the taxi is back having been chased back by a bloke in an Audi TT.
The Audi guy tells me this guy is a crook tie him up.
Not wanting make the situation worse (thinking of being had up for assault on taxi man and all that stuff) I say no he is back lets cool it.
Audi guy shakes his head gets in his car and drives off.
Passengers get out of taxi and blow me down off he goes again sans his passengers.

The Shake down:
Some fellow is offering to help, my 85 year old cripple mom is in the car I am helpless cant move my left arm I cant drive and she cant.
All the help is offered by this guy.
Metro cops are just down the road fishing for lunch money.
Some kind lady calls them they arrive on the scene not helpful at all I must go to the SAP and off they go for some Chicken Licken with their take for the day so far.
The "Good Samaritan" drives us to the cop shop at Linden and after the usual run around manage to report the incident.
Must get a medical report as I am injured in flippin agony more like.
So off we go to Medi Cross.
First question: You are a private patient do you have money?
Flash the credit card eyes light up of for X- Rays pay for the snaps an wait for the doctor. Takes two hours and I am informed the Humerus is broken has a piece floating around in there and dislodged at the top.  I will need surgery to fix it.

Shit:
The Samaritan revels his colours:
"Must go now my wife is waiting for me can you lend me R200 bucks here is my cell no will pay you back tomorrow."
Yea Right says I to my self what the hell can I do cant tell him to go fish. Only have R150 in my wallet and he whips it and splits "phone me phone me". Bugger.
Old mom waiting in the Car all this time.
She has phoned her brother and his wife they come to the rescue.
The hustler has also touched her up for R100 telling her I am OK and will be out shortly.

Have no medical insurance off to the General we go.
Aunt drives mother home and Uncle drives me to the Gen.

Incident at 11 am it is now 4pm. In agony no pain killers yet.
Hang around get paper work and all that stuff done -  R195 OK.
Hand over file - "they should not have charged you must get it redone"
Get refund and new paper work.
Medi Cross has given me a copy of X-Rays on CD no good cant open on their system, sod this.
More X-Rays and wait they have a gander ask the boss more X-Rays wait, have another gander no surgery says they we will strap you up come back next week.
It is now after 9pm. home we go.

Slightly pissed off pain not so bad have got used to it by now.

A Word of Praise:
The Gen not so bad as soon as I got there they gave me a Sling and some pain killers it helped a stack.
Doctors nurses all staff great polite friendly concerned.
Medi Cross? Not impressed. waited there as well and they did not give a toss.
Did nothing to help took money though.

Dealing with it:
Car not serious am insured. Thinks If only I looked at the damage said sod it what does it matter he ain't going to pay now sod of you Cretin.
All this shit could have been avoided.

Bloody lawless land we have here immunity runs rife with these guys leave them alone don't go near them ignore them just is not worth it and a waste of time to expect any sort of decent human behavior out of them.

Am 62 years old don't need this. Tired of it nothing I can do on and on it goes.

Latest posts