sansui g2000 + pioneer pim30s

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ron g

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
i picked these up on junkmail. the tuner was a little grubby at first, but a bit of time with some cleaner, a toothbrush & a microfibre cloth had it shining like new.

initially i was interested in the sansui, and not too interested in the speakers, i have never been a big pioneer fan, & they had something rattling around inside, chocolate block connectors using standard flex (no differentiation for positive / negative), & the tweeter on one was not working...

but they were nice old 12 inch units, and the boxes look good, if a liittle batttered - so what the hell.

on opening them up i find a set of pioneer pim 30 3 way full range drivers with a remote treble attenuator flapping around inside the box. not a hell of a lot of info on google, but they seem to be fairly highly regarded units from the 60s. i did find that a pair of them had sold for usd 200 on e-bay, so respectable, but not great i would guess..

so 2 questions:
- are the speakers worth restoring?
- where do i go to get this done?

pics to follow as soon as i finish downloading & installing the oh so cr@ppy & painful samsung kies software to enable transfer of pics...

Latest posts