carver amp- guidance needed

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GMaestro

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
Hi guys , I bought a Carvar amplifier from someone on the avsa website the other day.

It is a model TFM 15CB , they guy said that it works fine but unfortunately when I tested it at my home for about 3 to 4 hours I picked up that it sounds like the speakers are intermittently loosing connection.

It almost sounds like a faulty or "dirty" switch or volume control- the sound comes through then suddenly it goes off - it comes on again if I put the volume all the way up again..

I've cleaned all the switches and volume controls , I've also checked for dry joints , it seemed at first that it was a bit better now after a while it seems like it intermittently still does it.

The amplifier sounds very good and clean, no noise or hums. It has an amazing sound stage that I haven't heard on other amps before so strongly.

I would love to be able to fix it if possible , I have the user manual as well as all service diagrams.

Does anyone maybe know what else I can check for?

Will appreciate any help or if you know someone that will be able to fix it for me.

I am in the Pretoria area.

Sorry mods please move to the correct place for this item.

Thanks

GM

Latest posts