Audio Snobbery

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alphabet

R.I.P.
Reaction score
This subject has been raised previously, but maybe in a different context(members blaming others for being Audio Snobs :D)

Okay let me firstly put up a disclaimer, I am not saying I am correct in my observations and its your absolute right to tell me if you think I am talking crap ;)

This morning I had some time to listen to a few CDs and while I was glowing(and gloating) about the sound I have achieved thus far, I crossed my mind that we are all Audio Snobs to some extend.

I am an Audio Snob for sure and that is based on having quite an unusual setup, not perfect, but absolutely unusual. Look at it this way, how many people can fit their source components in a shopping bag, but still have quite good sound?

Most of the "older" members know what my setup consists of, but here is it anyway:

Oppo 980H Universal Player used as transport, GERDAC doing the D-A conversion
Nuforce P8 Pre-amplifier
Flying Mole Monoblocs
Magneplanar SMGa speakers
Variety of cables: Apogee, Anti-ICs, etc

Does this give me the best sound possible? Absolutely not, but improving the sound quality may require a substantial cash layout and may be in the speaker area.

I am sure that many of you consider your setup as good or even "high-end" and that is your right, but where do we stop?

Latest posts