"Proper" headphones or gaming?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PsyCLown

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
Hi all,

So I am in need of some advice... I need a headset for gaming, for when I goto LANs and such. I previously had the Razer Tiamat 7.1's which can be compared to a cell phone speakers when it comes to music.
They broke.

So after a few recommendations - from my gaming friends - I ended up getting the Steelseries Siberia V2's as they are pretty good for music and have a 3.5mm jack where a lot of the headphones are fully USB so have their own DAC and are obviously limited. Now I will not be using these a lot as when I am at home I will be using my speakers. I will use the headset for when I am gaming and need to be on Team Speak or a similar voice chat application or if I want to blast some music later at night and not disturb parents and neighbors... After listening to the Sibera V2's for about 45 minutes and then taking them off and listening to my B&W's I do not want to listen to music on the Siberia's again.

The SoundMagic E10's are soo much more pleasant when it comes to music when compared to these Sibera V2's. Now am I being silly and should I stick with these as I will hardly use them for music, as well as it is very convenient to have a mic built into them and not worry too much about them getting damaged when going to a LAN - or do I need to sell these and get a proper headset which can at least compare with my B&W speakers and then get a separate mic? This will be an extra hassle as it is another device and messier cabling as well as I would like to try find a clip on mic otherwise it may end up quite far away from my mouth if it has to stand on the table.

Latest posts