4GB Sansa Clip+ & 64GB microSDXC card

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolvebain

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
Repost of my pcbg.co.za thread:

I really like music...  but I hate the sound quality & limited disk space of many of our locally available portable music players.
I've had an 160 iPod video for a long time now, flashed to to Rockbox [better control, able to play .flac files, etc.], but it's big and clumsy. So I was looking for something small & light, but with good storage space & Rockbox-able.

The solution was the 4GB SanDisk Sansa Clip+
Not only is it small, and has a microSD slot [works with my 64GB SandDisk microSDXC card perfectly], it also offered great sound quality even with it's normal/native firmware.  With Rockbox on it now, it's even better.

The cost of a 16Gb iPod Nano is ~R.1,799.oo, which is pretty expensive considering the limited storage & lack of supported playback formats.  Sure, one could use Rockbox on it [currently unstable tho], but price & storage limitation are still issues.
For less than the price of the Nano, one can get a 4GB Sansa Clip+, WITH 64GB of additional storeage, AND a good set of earphones:

Tho I'm using a pair of Audio Technica ATH-CKS55 earphones with mine, I have a pair of Soundmagic E10's [got a pair for myself when I replaced my kid bro's Sennheiser CX 300-II Precision earphones], they are pretty awesome for their price and sound great with the Rockboxed Sansa Clip+