Author Topic: Guys I honestly need your support now more than ever....  (Read 19787 times)

Offline Kent Kassler

Guys I honestly need your support now more than ever....
« on: February 04, 2013, 08:37:02 PM »
I want to take this opportunity first and foremost to thank each and every one of you for tolerating me,buying from me,enjoying a giggle with me and for being just a great place to visit no matter how tough a day it's been.
Let me cut to the chase and perhaps be a little forward....i have pretty much sold most of what I have gathered since closing Videorite a good 18months ago,you guys have been pretty much my solitary income during this period along with Urshies's salary at school.The gratitude I feel to many here is beyond words and I have one more favour to ask....
At my lowest ebb currently I have been offered a lifeline this evening thanks to a man who believes in me and wants me to succeed(and believes that I can.)I have been offered a retail property that he owns on Plumstead Main Rd without having to commit to a lease,two months free(which I can pay him back if I can somehow make this work and I assure you that I am determined to)The shop is on the Main Rd and virtually next to a primary school.He has also given me the option to halve the store if the rental is beyond my reach....the full rental sits at 10k pm right now for about 120sq/m and he has told me to first try and see how things go before deciding on splitting the shop.

Guys I'm not looking for money,just some support,if anyone has some gear(inexpensive)that they would be willing to let me sell on consignment or any Faulty gear that needs work,the proximity of the school would make me want to get in some ps3 games/xbox titles to offer for trade like I used to do.Thankfully I still have a few hundred cd's but some vinyl would be great.To be honest gents anything that could help me stock this place would really be appreciated no matter how small.

I don't expect anything for free chaps and more important than my above request I ask for your support,come down to the shop spend a few rand,listen to some gear,have some coffee and I promise to give this all I have but I will need you chaps...forgive me if I'm rambling in places I am just overwhelmed right now.Should get the keys tomorrow,will send Sweetsound  some pics of the shop to post...
Have a great evening chaps and wish me luck...
Thanks Andre.

Audiophile Sound Sommelier Extraordinaire....aka Manic Depressive Temporary Void Filler Deluxe.

Offline Kent Kassler

Re: Guys I honestly need your support now more than ever....
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 08:48:44 PM »
I will also be looking at doing repairs via my good retired friend Prakash and will not limit myself exclusively to hi-fi because I think that will be dangerous ;D...Maybe a Cash Crusaders minus the high end housebrand they carry ;)
Audiophile Sound Sommelier Extraordinaire....aka Manic Depressive Temporary Void Filler Deluxe.

Offline fdlsys

• Vinylist
  • Trader
  • Trade Count: (+86)
  • Do you like life, sweetheart?
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 08:54:17 PM »
Good luck mate! That sounds like a great opportunity and most certainly a very generous one. As you said - given the proximity of the school, If I were you I'd rather change the focus from what you have been doing in the last 18 months. Plus, the moment that you present second hand audio/video equipment in the shop (on the kerb so to say), you will find yourself in the "pawn shop" category and I don't think you would want that. Guarantees and returns and all that, pheeew! By all means, keep doing the A/V - but rather keep it online as you have been doing already; forum members know you and know they can trust you and ... if I may say ... we like you!

Thanks Andre.
Wait... who's Andre?

:BWAHAHAH:
The four building blocks of the universe are fire, water, gravel and vinyl. Dave Barry
Come back when you’ve lived a little. Miles Davis

Offline CAD

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Keep Calm,Be Quiet and Listen to the Music
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 08:55:17 PM »
Hello Andre

The cup of coffee and a listen sounds great, just a pity I am in Joburg  :thinking:

Best of luck with your venture. :thumbs:

The way of the warrior is NO match for the way of the wife.
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Offline skollie

• R.I.P.
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Cableth make no differenth. Ith all in the plugth.
    • Blue Angel
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 08:57:35 PM »
Hi Andre

So let me be the first toppie to wish you all of the very best and loads of success. Times are tough for many. I've had the privilege to meet you a few times and this opportunity couldn't be offered to a more deserving person.

If I can pass anything worthwhile your way, I will.

Regds

mafioso
If you don't like my principles, I have others - Groucho Marx

Offline mahleu

• Modem Forumator
  • Forum Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Call a spade a spade, not a banana.
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 08:58:42 PM »
Awesome opportunity. If anyone can make it work it's you.
Always up for coffee and investments - insurance - retirement.

Offline Kent Kassler

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2013, 08:59:05 PM »
Thanks gents,I hear you Fdl...will certainly give a lot of thought to any advice and suggestions,any input will be most welcome gents.

Offline Kent Kassler

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2013, 09:00:46 PM »
Thanks Mafioso,(will drop in with the cart for you this week),Most appreciated Mathew.

Offline Kent Kassler

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2013, 09:07:23 PM »
Thinking about what Mike said and perhaps being diverse and not fixated on one approach would be best....my neighbour's are St Elmo's and a big toy shop...and they don't do gaming :thinking:

Offline Shonver

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Criss-cross rhythms that explode with happiness
    • Elipse (under construction)
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2013, 09:22:30 PM »
Well, you should be warmed up by now... all you needed was to formalise your activities. Great idea, being a depot for Prakash.

When do you open? Maybe we can have a bring-and-do opening amongst Cape forumites!

DON'T PANIC
Capie

Offline Kent Kassler

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2013, 09:33:45 PM »
Definitely Bud,will know the final details tomorrow...and will let everyone know.Sounds like a plan.

Offline Atjan

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2013, 09:48:19 PM »
 Dop
Here's to your new venture! May this be the start of a famous business empire!

I'm with fdlsys, have a serious think about how you can exploit the location of the shop, and what you have, of course. Its not about love at this point - that's for Patrice - its about making money, and lots of it!
It's only hifi people....

Offline Kent Kassler

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2013, 09:54:03 PM »
Thank you Atjan,much appreciated.

Offline fdlsys

• Vinylist
  • Trader
  • Trade Count: (+86)
  • Do you like life, sweetheart?
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2013, 09:55:05 PM »
Its not about love at this point - that's for Patrice ...
:headbanger: Who's Patrice? Who's Andre???

:BWAHAHAH:

Had a look on the google maps - is that near the "Cavendish" store? Nice!

You know how it goes - neighbourhood creates the market for you, you either fill in the gaps, or copy what they do - better, cheaper, more.
You are not exactly Donald Trump to create your own world :( Maybe in a few months! ;)
If that is the location it looks like a decent part of town. I see Edgars there, the whole place looks like a street-level shopping mall.
The four building blocks of the universe are fire, water, gravel and vinyl. Dave Barry
Come back when you’ve lived a little. Miles Davis

Offline dean

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • cables make a difference
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2013, 09:56:39 PM »
Boet you know youve got me and the bakkie anytime you need help.
Contact me for denon, monitor audio,klipsch, rotel,boston,velodyne,marantz,oppo,  B&W.any many more quality brands. We install home cinema , dstv and top line security systems.we now also do nad, mission and psb.yamaha,onkyo,integra,Cambridge audio.svs