DIY Group @ Sound & Vision

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timber_MG

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
I am trying to get a reasonable idea of who will be presenting DIY Projects at the http://soundandvision.co.za/ in September. We have arranged an area in the marquee alongside the 2nd hand CD/vinyl sales and the bar.

Thus far we have a hard floor (I presume slightly carpeted concrete) and interrest by Norval, gav, hennie and myself (Ian has not yet responded). We will have enough space to exhibit projects (>40 m^2) and I can pull enough sound to make for some wicked film watching in the 400m^2 area (high ceiling too) the evening or whenever we decide to show something...We are insured too. I will try and arrange some display and projection with Alex so that we don't have to worry about that.

I am thinking of perhaps pooling together for a little i.t.o rugs (sneak that past the one who wants to be obeyed) to absorb floor bounce, though it is hardly a listenig venue of any sorts (I am thinking tipping the bar staff early on so that we can at least crank it up to audable volumes at times without attracting management attention). Also perhaps some kind of backdrop to make it look a little more respectable with some material about the projects (which I'd like to compile at a Tech Fest of sorts).

Set-up is planned for Friday the 15th September (whole day) and the show runs Saturday and Sunday.

Then Andries requested a little writeup and some images of the projects, of the high resolution kind. If you could perhaps forward such to my e-mail that would be very kind.

Martin

Latest posts