What's on your Tapedeck?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mafioso

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right place for this topic - Mods please move if you wish.

I've been faffing the last few weeks with a Tandberg cassette deck and a Nagra 4.2 ex SABC reel to reel recorder.

Both machines are again in good health. A few days ago I came across a considerable stash of cassettes I recorded in the 70's and 80's and what a pleasant timewarp :Whoohoo:

The Nagra had its inauguration this evening when I recorded a long radio programme with a Leak Troughline II FM tuner as a source and as a test to see what the rtor could do.

The playback sound is very convincing and close to the original broadcast.

I never had a power supply for the Nagra and made two without good results (they hummed) the last few months. On Friday, I paid a visit to Communica and bought a switchmode 24Vdc @ 3.5A Chinese job which I didn't have much hope for to be quiet but this one is dead quiet.

My turntables are looking at me with baleful  :nono:'s and I think I'll be playing some tapes more often...

mafioso