Car Audio: Staging & Power Problem

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KingMST

Reaction score
Split System Staging & Power Supply Problem (Front & Rear)
Hi guys, I hope one of you can help me with this.

I understand that staging of the sound in a vehicle is why most people opt for a component system in the front and a coaxial system in the rear of their vehicles.

I am busy with the planning of my audio system for my car, but I would like to do all the research and do the installation well the first time around.
The amplifier that I am installing is a Rockford Fosgate P400-4 unit. It delivers 50 Watts RMS per channel (4) when 4ohm speakers are connected. I also have a set of 6.5" Punch splits (60W RMS) for the front doors that would work perfectly.
Punch range coaxials (5.25") can only handle 40W RMS, but another set of splits (5.25") from the Punch range could also handle 60W RMS which could handle the power perfectly. These splits come with a set of tweeters per side (2 left, 2 right).

My question is; would it be advisable to remove 1 tweeter per side at the back, and mounting the remaining single tweeter in the middle of the mid? (standard included hardware allows for this configuration).

This way, I could have the front splits running 2 tweeters per side (1 on the mid like the aforementioned, and one in the stock location), and the back with only 1 tweeter like a coaxial speaker.

Would the staging still be okay this way or would two split systems result in too much hi-piched sounds?

I also have a 10" 4ohm DVC subwoofer with a 300W RMS amp for it in mind.

Notes:
All of the products I want to use will be Rockford Punch.
I still need a truck load of Dynamat for all the doors & the trunk.
The products will be installed into a '08 Subaru STI.

As soon as I have all of the products and info I could finish my project because the stock sound system is unbelievably crap!

Please help me guru-guys!  :-\

Latest posts