Author Topic: Zeabre,Zebrano and the Zelot's...live "The Melkbos Sessions"  (Read 5104 times)

Offline Kent Kassler

Re: Zeabre,Zebrano and the Zelot's...live "The Melkbos Sessions"
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2012, 07:48:42 AM »
...the room sounded a touch hot so some tweeking was done....a chilled bottle of white was snuck in and expertly poured in just the right quantities(to the brim).....these glasses were then strategically placed into Pieter's and my hand and we sipped until just the right amount was left in the glass(about two drops)...dynamics and echo were better now but i still detected a little ringing coming from where the bottle of vino was standing.....it was still too full and caused an echo so i suggested we empty out a bit more into the glasses and try the experiment again,this continued for a while and ironically the best sound was had with the bottle empty and the glasses as well...amazing how audio works.
Audiophile Sound Sommelier Extraordinaire....aka Manic Depressive Temporary Void Filler Deluxe.

Offline Rodney_gold

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2012, 06:12:02 PM »
I think a little haiku is in order
Kassler ribs
Zeabre steaks
with plonk
moans
whimpers
[/size][/color]
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch> Trinnov St2 >2x Devialet D premiers>  Vivid audio Giya G1 spirits ..fully treated room

Offline mahleu

• Modem Forumator
  • Forum Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Call a spade a spade, not a banana.
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2012, 07:20:42 PM »
...the room sounded a touch hot so some tweeking was done....a chilled bottle of white was snuck in and expertly poured in just the right quantities(to the brim).....these glasses were then strategically placed into Pieter's and my hand and we sipped until just the right amount was left in the glass(about two drops)...dynamics and echo were better now but i still detected a little ringing coming from where the bottle of vino was standing.....it was still too full and caused an echo so i suggested we empty out a bit more into the glasses and try the experiment again,this continued for a while and ironically the best sound was had with the bottle empty and the glasses as well...amazing how audio works.

An amazing technique, there is a strange side effect the morning after though. Bass may feel overpowering, like someone is slamming your head into a wall.
Always up for coffee and investments - insurance - retirement.

Offline Kent Kassler

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2012, 08:22:22 PM »
 ;D...Rodney you are my father!...i will post some more folks and trust me when i say that this session was a true  classic!
Audiophile Sound Sommelier Extraordinaire....aka Manic Depressive Temporary Void Filler Deluxe.