Author Topic: Guys we are in a rut...let's emerge.  (Read 5601 times)

Offline Kent Kassler

Guys we are in a rut...let's emerge.
« on: November 22, 2012, 10:34:23 PM »
Some thanks in no particular order....Alternative Route,dunno where I would be without you,self taught builder of beautiful things,determined to fix all the old beautiful disasters we gather and a friend with way better ears than I.Sweetsound,what a gem always goes the extra mile for anyone,always smiling and one of the most honest and decent people I know.Marius,a giver who keeps giving and a passionate Nad nutter that is simply a wonderful human being.Rodney always a pleasure to talk to and so free with wisdom and a truly funny gent with some of the coolest toys I have had the pleasure of sampling and receiving.Alleycat,from silent viewer to outspoken cable guy,if I develop a brain tumour it's because of the hour long giggles on the cellphone, our friend Leonard was truly blessed to have had you in his life...so so generous.Jed.S.,an example of passion and knowledge way beyond his years always up for a trade,generous and those around you must be really proud,love our chats about oldskool classics and new arrivals.Mafioso,a great cuppa and a beer is always on hand,free knowledge of delicate and intricate jobs and creations are always offered,great conversation and guys you should see the Nagra's(and taste his lovely wife's coffee.)Shonver,yet another incredible guy who offers freely in his own quiet way but with so much knowledge of so many things,what a guy!Waterhond,funny funny chap with as big a love for valve amps as I(another on it's way)and he is patient as hell thankfully......nowhere near the end yet folks......will Dean get a spot?
Audiophile Sound Sommelier Extraordinaire....aka Manic Depressive Temporary Void Filler Deluxe.

Offline Kent Kassler

Re: Guys we are in a rut...let's emerge.
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 11:11:12 PM »
Tom,we shared a few moments via pm and I am grateful to you for many things mostly kind words and of course great deals as well(fix the gate! You'll feel better),Placebo,for your support and guidance at times,lotsa laughs and paying my bond when buying the Technics sp10.Paul,quietly watching but what a guy and what a collection I've had the privilege of sampling from Acoustats to Classe,Sonus Faber to Naim,and the Steinhart yip the Steinhart!....kind and always seating me in the prime position,merci my friend.Gert for tolerating my nonsense and returning for more,so generous to me and another funny bloke with a big heart.BWS for being the forum perv we all wish we were.Audiomuze,a true lover of music with an extensive knowledge of it as well,wonderful man with an extensive vinyl collection he hides from most,WalkerJohn,not enough words,so so open to generosity with those he never met but wanted to help,a man with great taste them Naka's are certainly a treat,thanks man!Rudi,gives so much of his time and energy to us all with wonderful offerings,lovingly assembled and properly advised.FD.A man with a vintage taste of the highest order,advisor extraordinaire and all round magic man,we are very lucky.Ampdog,I miss you when you're quiet,you're the pulse despite the body not always listening and acting up,we would be nowhere sir,thank-you....
Audiophile Sound Sommelier Extraordinaire....aka Manic Depressive Temporary Void Filler Deluxe.

Offline Kent Kassler

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 11:23:54 PM »
Hi-Phibian.Such an extensive knowledge of our gear that I am often astounded by how little I know,thanks for all the tips and advice you've given.Charles,for all the valves and gifts when I could not find them,no greater collector of the classics exists and your knowledge is simply incredible,such a humble man,grateful to you.Rupert,fantastic chap always open to suggestions,giving and kind(stop selling cheaply)a pleasure to know and chat to..you will reach the place you want to be!FDL.One man who never seems to stop creating and completing a project once started,thanks for all the extensive advice on so many things sir.Schalk,for also making us proud of our own,believe it or not I will listen to one of your amps for the first time when Paul's two arrive,so impeccably built,I can't wait!...
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 11:55:35 PM by Kent Kassler »

Offline skollie

• R.I.P.
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Cableth make no differenth. Ith all in the plugth.
    • Blue Angel
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, 12:51:00 AM »
Thanks for the kind words Kent/Andre. You're always welcome and W/hoekies/real Eyetie sambuca/or strong coffee is always at hand. Wish I had the wherewithal to spend with you to upgrade my ageing gear.

Btw, I had a call from a Pretoria gent today who may be in the market for a valve pre-amp. He will be visiting our side of the Nkandla bunker complex soon so if there's anything in the pipeline or on the horizon, please let me know.

Cheers

mafioso
If you don't like my principles, I have others - Groucho Marx

Offline AlleyCat

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2012, 07:55:35 AM »
Dear Mr Kent Kassler(aka BarbieKent)

At least somebody in the real world knows me for who I am and THANK YOU for being so kind. If only I had the words to tell you how I feel about you, as I do not, seeing I am really, really trying to come away from my Steenberg roots and all.

Our dear friend always said " Stay true to who you are, no matter what" You are the exemplar par Excellence to that. You keep me grounded ( wonder if a more robust cable will help even better here).

Have a good day!
"Not everything meaningful is measurable, and not everything measurable is meaningful" - Floyd Toole

Offline Shonver

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Criss-cross rhythms that explode with happiness
    • Elipse (under construction)
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2012, 08:49:11 AM »
Hey, Andre, thanks for the kind words. You're a solid guy yourself, often bending over forwards backwards to accommodate our collective fetish.

Keep on fighting the good fight.

DON'T PANIC
Capie

Offline WD

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2012, 09:02:48 AM »
Ag Andre, you're our generous friend and poet, our procurer of plenty  pretty pieces while spouting somewhat purple (and pink) prose sometimes... you'll make us blush... In the immortal words of Michael Jackson: "We love you more!"

Offline WalkerJohn

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2012, 09:11:14 AM »
Hey Andre :thumbs:

Thanks for the kind words, much appreciated!! Never stop being funny, just love your Post. You are a Great Bloke :thumbs: Always giving some extras in the parcels you send , now that's service!! A Great Man indeed :thumbs:

Offline dean

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • cables make a difference
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2012, 09:58:20 AM »
I feel andre is planing a jump , this could be he's last goodbuys.
Contact me for denon, monitor audio,klipsch, rotel,boston,velodyne,marantz,oppo,  B&W.any many more quality brands. We install home cinema , dstv and top line security systems.we now also do nad, mission and psb.yamaha,onkyo,integra,Cambridge audio.svs

Offline Shonver

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Criss-cross rhythms that explode with happiness
    • Elipse (under construction)
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2012, 10:20:50 AM »
I feel andre is planing a jump , this could be he's last goodbuys.

Eish, dude! Don't joke. A friend recently did the deed. No warning signs.

DON'T PANIC
Capie

Offline dean

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • cables make a difference
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2012, 10:57:16 AM »
Times are tuff people arent coping anymore.scary stuff.
Contact me for denon, monitor audio,klipsch, rotel,boston,velodyne,marantz,oppo,  B&W.any many more quality brands. We install home cinema , dstv and top line security systems.we now also do nad, mission and psb.yamaha,onkyo,integra,Cambridge audio.svs

Offline Kent Kassler

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2012, 12:47:52 PM »
I don't have the chestnuts for that....but knowing you certainly is a stiff shove in that direction...

Offline Kent Kassler

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2012, 09:26:15 PM »
Dean,you make my list..i know I give you a hard time but truth is you take it so willingly and seldom scream or have a big hissy fit,truth is you are so close to the crazy side of me it's scary....you have a cracking sense of humour and make me laugh(something I value deeply)...let's elope?or hang a rope?you decide.

Offline Kent Kassler

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2012, 09:48:54 PM »
This list still has a long way to go,Crankshaft,the gentle giant ,a true gentleman who hides many wonderful toys in his home,Byrd a super smart chap with enviable knowledge and a host of words I don't understand at all,Corrie,we kinda connected during our very first conversation,what a wonderful man who is always appreciative and full of only kind words,your struggles are bravely fought for sure my friend and Worcester will see us meet soon,DeonK,always complimentary of my insane ramblings in reviews and supporter of my sales,a gentleman of the highest order,Moog...a man with more gear than square meters to accommodate them,ns2000's still going strong I hope,an absolute pleasure to deal with at all times and a real lover of great gear,U235..Tannoy nutter supreme,I gotta get up North sometime and meet everyone Pat..what a guy.Earbud,accepts my jokes without getting hot under the collar,a gentleman with a great passion and love of vinyl(if Rodney's wearing it),we have had the pleasure of many deals,you been quiet lately my friend.Supergrand,like myself a finder of treasure supreme,always unearthing little wonders and gems...keep 'em coming(i need another Dynaco of any description)

Offline Kent Kassler

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2012, 09:57:57 PM »
Mahleu of course is yet another who amazes with his stealthy abilities to unearth the classics and an absolute pleasure to deal with at all times,Agaton Sax,a man with so much history of the glory days firmly embedded in his brain,always spoiling us with beautiful pics and stories,such a pleasure to see and read.Colonel 66,an impeccable guy with one helluva system that really sings and a great selection of wonderful music(i really need to come pop in with Dean and Alty some time soon),Akomeogi,the Excel cartridge man who is a super fan of all things old as am I,great guy and also a touch quiet lately,howz the Onkyo going?Darrylo,owner of every Sabc studio item ever used countrywide,rapidly becoming a museum curator of note,always a pleasure to deal with,keep the valves burning bright my friend.Steerpike,a more dedicated man to his task exists not,such determination to do things correctly even if it means building something from scratch,so much technical knowledge and an incredible history book in his head,such an honour.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 10:25:37 PM by Kent Kassler »