Author Topic: beogram 4004 project  (Read 950 times)

Offline ron g

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • AVForums Veteran
beogram 4004 project
« on: November 17, 2012, 09:01:50 PM »

after thinking long & hard about it, i have decided to let it go to a good home.    :'( :'( :'(

the speed problems were not cured by a new belt (even though the old one was badly stretched). the process of fixing the speed controller is quite complex (instructions are quite easy to find on the web)

i don't have the skills to fix. also, while it does sound really good while it sticks to the correct speed, it is quite simply not up to the class of the linn, & i really only have space for one tt on the shelf.

- the needle is now a little bent....
 - the arm movement needs a little adjustment as it pulls sideways slightly before lifting at the end of the lp.

i am in centurion, & would prefer local pickup / drop off. i don't really have the confidence to pack it, but if the successful applicant has someone local they trust to pick up & pack, that's fine.

applicant? yes. i am not going to blindly dish it out to the first respondent. i would like to confirm that the person taking it will not sell it on for a quick buck, but is a genuine b&o enthusiast, & has the skills to make it all copacetic.....

i hate this snow.
i love this snow.
           - bi-polar bear.

Offline Quadears

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • AVForums Veteran
Re: beogram 4004 project
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 09:22:16 PM »
Oh please I need this...I am desperate to get back into vinyl and this will help me immensely. I am in Pretoria North so pick up not a problem at all.

Regards

Jacques

Offline ron g

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • AVForums Veteran
Re: beogram 4004 project
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 01:59:44 PM »
gone to quadears.

i hate this snow.
i love this snow.
           - bi-polar bear.