namibia seal culling...

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blues

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
yesterday I got an email from francois hugo, who's very engaged in saving seals. last year we could save a few seal pubs from starving to death with his help. these baby seals came all the way down from namibia where they escaped the killing, and since they're not able to feed themselves, they're facing certain death.
since the eu has banned import of seal products, he sees a good chance of convincing namibia to stop that nonsense. please read his mail and send one to the namibian prime minister if you see fit.

Dear All Cape Fur Seal Supporters,

This is the most important email I have written since I decided to dedicate my life to the seals a decade ago. Since, I have dreamed of one thing, stopping men herding seal pups together and clubbing them violently to death. In 1972, the United States government did its part, and banned Cape fur seal product imports, and still the baby seal clubbing continued with exports changed to Europe. Now Europe has done its part. Whilst I write this, Namibian sealers will herd terrified wild seal pups together, surrounding them, and club the group to death. see video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzPcAvEARwI). To reach the 80 000 pup quota, they must club to death 500 seals pups per day. Its a horrible and violent way to die.

We can stop this, and we can stop this right now, if you make the decision to send the Prime Minister of Namibia, Nahas Angula, a personal email to <[email protected]>, and urge him to immediately announce an end to his country's seal clubbing policy. After you have done this, send it to all your contacts, with your own personal appeal to them. The power of one starts with you, if by Monday, tens of thousands of appeals fills his in-box, we might soon thereafter hear the news that will fill our hearts with happiness, and we will each know, we were part of something, very, very good and very powerful.

Please just do this one thing, rich or poor, old or young. It will change your life forever that I guarantee.

For the Seals
Francois Hugo Seal Alert-SA
http://www.youtube.com/user/sealmancam
10 years of Seal Protection and Rescue
27-21-790 8774