Heathkit VTVM restoration

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darrylo

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
Hey all.

Since I have this interest in all things audio and old, I needed to setup a workbench to keep my little projects going. I decided to start looking out for some vintage test kit to keep the theme going.

I managed to get my hands on this nice little unit from a swap with another forum member. It's a Heathkit IM-13 Vacuum tube volt meter.  A little research on the subject revealed alot of interest and information about these devices. It seems the analogue meter has is place on the work bench when working with old valve amps.

This unit happens to be 110v version so I currently have it hooked up to a bench top autotransformer. On first power up the unit seem to work but the results and readings where far off the mark and very inconsistent. The good news is the movement was working so it was a viable project.

Before I go on Ill post some Pics later today showing the strip down and clean and test results.

Latest posts