3.5mm Jacks at rear of computer towers - what are they for?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mafioso

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
I have a problem with my USB soundcard (sound output is OK but I cannot adjust its input sufficiently for ripping vinyl).

I've already tried many things to rectify the problem but nothing worked and I now suspect the soundcard has become faulty after removing recording and soundcard software and reinstalling and I checked all sound settings but everything looks normal.

The computer sound setup I used until now consisted of the Edirol USB device which has 2prs of rca jacks - input and output. I also use a Sansui integrated together with a pair of Gale bookshelf speakers.

From the USB device's output jacks, I have a stereo phono cable going into either aux/tape or phono inputs of the Sansui.

My recording software is Magix AudioLab15 and when I do vinyl rips, I plug my turntable's arm lead into the soundcard's input jacks, switch on the Sansui and record.

I've also checked all the cables and these are clean and short.

So I'm thinking of trying using the computer's bundled Realtek soundcard and vaguely remember I used some of the 3.5mm jacks at the rear of my computer tower. There's a red/pink, green and blue but cannot make out the symbols or which is what.

mafioso

Latest posts