Author Topic: "Cube" Speakers for Desktop Setup  (Read 1690 times)

Offline AlleyCat

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
"Cube" Speakers for Desktop Setup
« on: September 28, 2012, 07:09:04 AM »
LOCATION : Cape Town  :thumbs: (Phew, got that one out of the way first! :Whoohoo: ) [Sorry to disappoint you, "trigger happy" Ampdog :baseball: :ROFLMAO:]

I have a 5.1 mini Sony AV Amp (25 watt Rms per channel ) which has replaced my Logitech Z4 computer system. The Sony system came with 5 decent little cube speakers and I would like to replace them, not all of them only two. I listen to mainly Flac files on my computer and need to improve my sound.

To recap: Looking for two(2) cube speakers (+- 100mm to 150mm ), passives for desktop system.
Budget : Max R1000

Thanks in advance for all inputs.

"Not everything meaningful is measurable, and not everything measurable is meaningful" - Floyd Toole

Offline Hi-Phibian

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • I really prefer email, see my banner for address..
    • Croak Audio Exploration
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 07:21:01 AM »
Is the Sony amp linear and can you set levels?
Proprietor of Croak Audio Exploration.
Fair, not crazy, cash paid for turntables and tonearms from Rega, Linn and Thorens.          http://www.croak.co.za

Offline AlleyCat

• AVForums Grandmaster
"Not everything meaningful is measurable, and not everything measurable is meaningful" - Floyd Toole

Offline Rodney_gold

• R.I.P. 5 June 2018
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
Re: "Cube" Speakers for Desktop Setup
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 08:33:23 AM »

Posted the actual pics.....
If you don't come right, you have first dibs on my Osborns for the desktop system , if I sell em ....
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch> Trinnov St2 >2x Devialet D premiers>  Vivid audio Giya G1 spirits ..fully treated room

Offline AlleyCat

• AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 09:03:19 AM »
Ha-ha, Really funny Rodney! :notworthy:

I think you need to read the requirements again (+-100mm to 150mm), not 1000mm to 1500mm, and secondly please make an appointment to visit your optician soonest, you need specs my friend. This comes with old age and using that binoculars for viewing that Squeezebox from your listening position (i.e. 50 meters away!)  :BWAHAHAH: :Whoohoo:

Thanks for sorting the pics.

Offline Rodney_gold

• R.I.P. 5 June 2018
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2012, 09:06:05 AM »
DAmmit!!! - all this time I was looking thru the binoculars the wrong way...wondered why everything was so small...
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch> Trinnov St2 >2x Devialet D premiers>  Vivid audio Giya G1 spirits ..fully treated room

Online Ampdog

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2012, 03:51:04 PM »
LOCATION : Cape Town  :thumbs: (Phew, got that one out of the way first! :Whoohoo: ) [Sorry to disappoint you, "trigger happy" Ampdog :baseball: :ROFLMAO:]

MAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Um only doin' mu job - and underpayed for that as well. (Is there a Union for Mods??)
Audio must be the only branch of engineering where lack of basics' knowledge is considered a superior form of wisdom. (Anon)

Offline Atom8

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AVForums Super Veteran
  • C8H10N4O2
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2012, 08:48:23 PM »
Sure there's a union - oh, and you guys are on strike for about the next two years. :-)
Respect your Parents,
they passed school without Google.

Opening a pack of batteries is like feeding a loaf of bread to the pigeons.

Offline ron g

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2012, 09:52:11 PM »
MAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Um only doin' mu job - and underpayed for that as well. (Is there a Union for Mods??)

:winkwink: :winkwink: :sh1tstirrer: :whistler: :whistler:
is it just me or have bitcoin people gone a bitquiet because its a bitdown? #bitter