Author Topic: Kent Kassler's fondest memories,the components that counted....  (Read 9394 times)

Offline Kent Kassler

Re: Kent Kassler's fondest memories,the components that counted....
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2012, 12:05:46 AM »
Nice one bud,the 52's are out there,I will keep an eye out for one.Cheers.
Audiophile Sound Sommelier Extraordinaire....aka Manic Depressive Temporary Void Filler Deluxe.

Offline Sweetsound

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2012, 08:11:43 AM »
NAD 800 Bookshelf speakers - most balanced small monitors I've owned.
NAD 3020 series 20, of course... (onto my sixth unit since I started)
B&O 608 Integrated amp valve hybrid - why oh why did I ever sell her? Apologies Kent.
Sansui AU999 integrated monster - hopefully Francios will sell her back to me one day (even at a hefty profit!)
AR18's of course - bought the set back that I sold last month...what more can I say?
Honourable mention to the Dynaco ST120 s/state power amp.

God invented stereo, then the 2 ears...

Offline Kent Kassler

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2013, 10:33:15 PM »
Time to add a true legend to the list...Marantz 1070,my first one ever arrived this week and along with the 1060,these are unquestionably the finest budget vintage integrated amps ever made... from construction to design and all round appeal they are skmply untouchable.Never walk passed them if you see one,you wont regret it.
Audiophile Sound Sommelier Extraordinaire....aka Manic Depressive Temporary Void Filler Deluxe.

Offline dean

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • cables make a difference
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2013, 09:43:37 AM »
That aria valve amp , miss it dearly.
Contact me for denon, monitor audio,klipsch, rotel,boston,velodyne,marantz,oppo,  B&W.any many more quality brands. We install home cinema , dstv and top line security systems.we now also do nad, mission and psb.yamaha,onkyo,integra,Cambridge audio.svs

Offline placebo

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • How can you have money for beer but not for Beenos
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2013, 08:52:32 PM »

Need I say more.
For,when money or oiled hands determine the voting outcome,particularly in a matter of such monumental importance,then no conscience or oath finds expression.

Chief Justice Mogoeng Mogoeng

Offline Kent Kassler

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2013, 09:00:56 PM »
Not a word....i'm so glad you have her and she has not bounced around these here classifieds....heart skips a beat every time i see her. ;)

Offline placebo

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • How can you have money for beer but not for Beenos
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2013, 07:59:24 AM »
Not a word....i'm so glad you have her and she has not bounced around these here classifieds....heart skips a beat every time i see her. ;)
To heavy and big to bounce......
For,when money or oiled hands determine the voting outcome,particularly in a matter of such monumental importance,then no conscience or oath finds expression.

Chief Justice Mogoeng Mogoeng

Offline Chingy

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2013, 01:46:39 PM »
Time to add a true legend to the list...Marantz 1070,my first one ever arrived this week and along with the 1060,these are unquestionably the finest budget vintage integrated amps ever made... from construction to design and all round appeal they are skmply untouchable.Never walk passed them if you see one,you wont regret it.

my 1072, thanks for the service,

:thumbs:
VA BW Pre, Tannoy Chevoits,Linn Kann, on Linn Stands,
Power trio (guitar, bass, and drums)

Offline Kent Kassler

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2013, 09:40:37 PM »
My pleasure bud.

Offline Akomeogi

« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2013, 12:02:44 PM »
Hi Kent

Have to agree with you on the Excel ES70 Cart/stylus combination (best kept secret in mm cartridges ever!). For a little more money and effort, the ES70S version (elyptical stylus) will add a whole new dimension to your listening pleasure, but they're getting scarce...

Also, the Rogers Cadet III, with its original (scarce) Brimar ECC807 valves and properly sorted, is the sweetest thing! I have four amplifiers and dedicate 90% of my listening time to the heavenly 12 Watts or so that this little honey oozes out. I thank my lucky stars that you found and entrusted her to my care every single day....

Regards
Durbanville Rocks!