Author Topic: Reviewing the finest system in the World...ever,bar none for less than a bar-one  (Read 14866 times)

Offline Kent Kassler

• The Undertaker
  • Trader
  • Trade Count: (+57)
....by the time Romeo&Juliet bit the groove Dean and I were hugging like friends after a long absence,gone were the painful memories of the irritable bowel syndrome that's plagued him for years,vanished have the cellphone beeping reminders for him to take his anti-depressants,all that was good in the world came to the fore.His daddy loved him again,his brother admitted that Monitor Audio's were brighter than B & W's,Theresa was no longer Mother, she now had the appetite of Mahatma,Morgan Freeman was a good actor and not a perv like BWS.I became the friend he always wanted me to be,kind and caring and open to affection in public,the joy across his face was a healthy dollop of what can only be described as a truly happy ending.I can't believe that I did what I did next....."is that a touch of hardness I detect in the midrange?" were the words that left my mouth.....
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 06:21:37 AM by Kent Kassler. »
Audiophile Sound Sommelier Extraordinaire....aka Manic Depressive Temporary Void Filler Deluxe.

Offline Kent Kassler

• The Undertaker
  • Trader
...unlike Dean's lovelife,music is filled with timing,it ebbs and flows showing pace when called upon and restraint during quiet passagesex.A driving force is required for some complex movements and headroom is a must to ensure that a mangled mess does not occur while she's screaming at high volumes.A systems ability to deal with all these tasks is largely dependent upon the synergy of the partners,an over-enthusiastic front end can lead to a premature headache and the desire for it to end sooner rather than later,partnering a thin sounding unit with a bloated speaker can create a new life and energy but it is no guarantee that it won't sound like it's on drugs...
Audiophile Sound Sommelier Extraordinaire....aka Manic Depressive Temporary Void Filler Deluxe.

Offline Kent Kassler

• The Undertaker
  • Trader
...in summary then and with only Rodney's semi pa and Alleycat's semi poser systems as a comparison I must confess that the differences are chalk(No reference to Dean's airgun intended or Dean's brother "Powder") and cheese(apologies if Rodney takes this wrong)The abilities of the much cheaper,plasticky feeling,poorly constructed,b-grade units that Dean overpaid Leander for really punch well above their weight division, with an admirable amount of enthusiasm and gastro.. but the fact is that PeeWee in the ring with Mike while producing a lovely chuckle for those keen on entertainment is still nothing more than a twig trying to stick it to a giant redwood,imaging is pinpoint(in size),soundstaging is duly impressive if you enjoy ants performing on a 2x4 matchbox,the speakers do have an uncanny ability to disappear but only because they are so tiny to begin with,if you enjoy the idea of turning ZZTop into little dwarf sized rockers on helium then this combination may well be your sense of nirvana,like Theresa I too would be much happier with something more substantial.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 09:47:45 AM by Kent Kassler. »

Offline Kent Kassler

• The Undertaker
  • Trader
Dean won't speak to me......how was i to know these things are all true?

Offline Family_Dog

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • STEEL & GLASS - Everlasting Beauty!
    • Repcom 2-way Radios
Did you ever have any doubt?    :tongue:

-F_D

-Eric

That Guy in South Africa...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vintage_tube/

Offline paulboer

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Be yourself, everybody else is already taken - OW
...in summary then and with only Rodney's semi pa and Alleycat's semi poser systems as a comparison I must confess that the differences are chalk(No reference to Dean's airgun intended or Dean's brother "Powder") and cheese(apologies if Rodney takes this wrong)The abilities of the much cheaper,plasticky feeling,poorly constructed,b-grade units that Dean overpaid Leander for really punch well above their weight division, with an admirable amount of enthusiasm and gastro.. but the fact is that PeeWee in the ring with Mike while producing a lovely chuckle for those keen on entertainment is still nothing more than a twig trying to stick it to a giant redwood,imaging is pinpoint(in size),soundstaging is duly impressive if you enjoy ants performing on a 2x4 matchbox,the speakers do have an uncanny ability to disappear but only because they are so tiny to begin with,if you enjoy the idea of turning ZZTop into little dwarf sized rockers on helium then this combination may well be your sense of nirvana,like Theresa I too would be much happier with something more substantial.

Dear Kent

Take me to your dealer...
Merlin bass traps | Apple TV

Offline ziva

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AVForums Member
Kent...you should write a book!
1 mans kit is another mans poison!

Offline Adagio

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • "Keep your coins, I want Change"
You are not well

Classic dry Dean humour at it's best! :BWAHAHAH:  :point:

Just love it!  :clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline Adagio

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • "Keep your coins, I want Change"
Kent...you should write a book!

Dean can be the Editor....   will probably be reduced to a one-pager!   :facepalm:

What! - one-pager? probably one paragraph...

What! - one paragraph? Possibly a single sentence...

... and an abbreviated one at that! (with classic Dean style defunct punctuation!)

I sense a new best-seller about to hit the shelves.

No worries Dean, just pulling your socks. Still would be fantastic to meet you sometime downstream, with Andre'...    we could listen to a cable!   (the unplugged version) :ROFLMAO:

Offline dean

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • cables make a difference
I will be launching top ear soon, witch isva cable only magazine.
Contact me for denon, monitor audio,klipsch, rotel,boston,velodyne,marantz,oppo,  B&W.any many more quality brands. We install home cinema , dstv and top line security systems.we now also do nad, mission and psb.yamaha,onkyo,integra,Cambridge audio.svs

Offline Kent Kassler

• The Undertaker
  • Trader
Would be wonderful if we could steal Gert over from AVSA?He seems unhappy there with his reviews being in layman's English and all .....it appears that the editor is not sharing his flowery prose pills?Dean can you still get into the evidence locker at Kirstenhof police station? :whistler:

Offline ALF

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • AVForums Veteran
this is the funniest post ever  :ROFLMAO:
"the fostex thang".....

Offline GearSlave

• Peacekeeper Extraordinaire
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Ohm's Law has no business in Audio
    • Studio B
Would be wonderful if we could steal Gert over from AVSA?He seems unhappy there with his reviews being in layman's English and all .....it appears that the editor is not sharing his flowery prose pills?Dean can you still get into the evidence locker at Kirstenhof police station? :whistler:

I only see this now  :facepalm:

I can do flowery prose, yessir! It's just that the editor doesn't know what you wrote and generally gets offended as he thinks you talking about his mum. Deon gets away with it 'cause he's the boss...
Resistance is not futile; it is voltage divided by current (R=V/I)

Offline Kent Kassler

• The Undertaker
  • Trader
Gert,you are my favourite reviewer by a country mile....have you met Justin Beachcroft Shaw...is he a foreign correspondent?

Offline GearSlave

• Peacekeeper Extraordinaire
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Ohm's Law has no business in Audio
    • Studio B
Haha thanks  *blush*

Actually I haven't - I've been banned from the AVSA GtG's as I bring the average IQ at the table down with double digit numbers. To be honest I just think they're all just a little jealous cause I'm the only one with personality.
Resistance is not futile; it is voltage divided by current (R=V/I)