Author Topic: Reviewing the finest system in the World...ever,bar none for less than a bar-one  (Read 17223 times)

Offline Kent Kassler

• The Undertaker
  • Trader
  • Trade Count: (+58)
.....so I was recently invited to a tiny cottage overlooking a park in the tranquil suburb of Kirstenhof,where the only light in the life of this married man is emitted from a glowing kt88,where wives put out less in a year than a single ended el84 and intimacy is a long hot bath while she's out.I pulled up outside Dean's little piece of heaven(everyone else's hell),to the welcoming sounds of 4 Cujo's eating a bumper clean off a Citigolf behind a high wall,shreds of plastic and paint adorning the front lawn,Dean handed me a broom to defend myself as I was forced to make my way up the path,fighting off rabies,mad cow disease and who knows what else.....
Audiophile Sound Sommelier Extraordinaire....aka Manic Depressive Temporary Void Filler Deluxe.

Offline Kent Kassler

• The Undertaker
  • Trader
I somehow managed to avoid the need for an anti-tetanus shot and reached the front door while Dean yelled "jou ma se......" to an irate moaning neighbour.My eye caught a scantily clad lass with a substantial twin mass,popping forth a wee bit brash....and I was pleased.i was welcomed and winked at while Dean made some coffee and I had me a little feel of the goods I was about to operate.......
Audiophile Sound Sommelier Extraordinaire....aka Manic Depressive Temporary Void Filler Deluxe.

Offline Kent Kassler

• The Undertaker
  • Trader
....about the goods,let's take a look...Nad Bee Power,Nad Bee Pre,Nad Bee Cd,speakers are B&W 685's(so far it is clear that Dean is in favour of black empowerment but what was he thinking with the "mengelmoes" speakers?),anyway some balance is brought to the setup with a rather traditional white wife and some white van den huls mixed with a splatter of audioquest power cables and tdk noise reduction on everything except the moaning white wife( the one place they really could do good).....
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 08:54:55 PM by Kent Kassler. »

Offline Kent Kassler

• The Undertaker
  • Trader
...i almost forgot that a Nad turntable(rebadged Rega)holds the fort on the analogue side....i sipped on my Nescafe and started conversation with Dean's wife Theresa who informed me of her husband's most embarrassing impotence,I had to remind her that I was simply the reviewer and the marriage saving pastor was only due at 4:30,she giggled and pointed at him while a lone tear travelled down his cheek and fell to his not working lap area.....

Offline Kent Kassler

• The Undertaker
  • Trader
...Dean kindly afforded me the opportunity to select the afternoon's first track,the wounds of his wife's hurtful words were followed by my deathblow as I went with "Solid" by Ashford and Simpson...."as a rock"...poor Dean started quivering and shaking,Theresa belting out laughter while her husband lay mortally wounded on the floor,I was so proud of myself and joined her in celebration of her husband's mockery...

Offline Kent Kassler

• The Undertaker
  • Trader
How did it sound you ask???...two words folks "Giant Killer!"....grab your neighbours,get your work colleagues,bring spades aplenty because we are burying Gulliver tonight,poor bastard was killed by the treble,keeled over and died on the spot but he does look a lot happier now that his ears are not communicating with his brain.

Offline Kent Kassler

• The Undertaker
  • Trader
...the Blackou & Whitemans 685's were at war,competing for attention,the minority half of the speaker looking down from above screaming like it was in charge,the majority speaker arguing that a bigger motor does a better job because it has more extension despite not being able to reach as high.....a mangled mess is what came of this with little hope of resolution....

Offline Kent Kassler

• The Undertaker
  • Trader
...more on this tomorrow,I'm still recovering.

Offline BWS

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
 :BWAHAHAH: WHF and AVSA have nothing on you :thumbs:
In the word : Scent, is it the S or the C that is silent?

Offline Kent Kassler

• The Undertaker
  • Trader
...i took the liberty of removing the African American Civil Rights duo from the cdp (hell even Oprah made more sense)and began scratching through Dean's extensive selection of audiophile recordings,he jumped up in excitement when my hand brushed on a certain Mark Murphy recording.....i had never heard of the bloke but being open to new experiences I placed the disc in the wobbly plastic tray of the machine and took up position 10 feet away with Dean at my side and hit play....well folks for the first time in history I heard a recording that I can recreate in writing,it goes something like this..."fffff fiff fiff ferrrrr,fffff fiff fiff ferrrr",I could hear every breath,every fine nuance,the size of the room 6x6 metres,Mark's moustache brushing up against the mic like cinnamon on a grater,the woosh of one of the sliders on the mixing desk,the whistle of a kettle in an office on the neighbouring floor above,the injection of venom into the thorax of the lone fly now caught in the Web of the studio's lone daddy longlegs, back left top corner....my pulse was racing as I disappeared into the music,Mark's gruff voice clearly accomplished from years of abuse in a federal penitentiary where he got passed around like a ragdoll,I felt his pain,I relived his anguish.....i wanted to trade places with him.......
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 09:25:45 AM by Kent Kassler. »

Offline Kent Kassler

• The Undertaker
  • Trader
...leaving this trance-like state, still dizzy and filled with emotion from the aural splendor,I noticed that Theresa had made a b-line for the bathroom.......and Dean was on the line with his pastor saying "can you come earlier,we have an emergency?"

Offline Kent Kassler

• The Undertaker
  • Trader
...of course I knew that the polar opposite results of these two recordings were strictly because of the racial divide,"Solid" being recorded no doubt in some Harlem bedroom during the filming of a Black Panthers documentary and Mark Murphys "Green" in the middle of young Barry's barmitzvah celebrations at Abbey.Rd with Barbara Streisand poking about seeking donations for a comeback....still a raw authenticity about Solid came across that simply was not conveyed in Green?....i need to ponder a bit....

Offline GearSlave

• Peacekeeper Extraordinaire
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Ohm's Law has no business in Audio
    • Studio B
....i need to ponder a bit....

I get the impression that you've pondered quite a bit already  :BWAHAHAH:
Resistance is not futile; it is voltage divided by current (R=V/I)

Offline Kent Kassler

• The Undertaker
  • Trader
.....aah,I found why I was confused!I wrote authenticity instead of ethnicity,silly bugger....Anyway the fact is that sometimes we rush into things,Dean and Theresa had known each other for years before they decided to ruin a good thing and get married,they have a son named Stephen and since they made it all legal the relationship has declined rather rapidly,Dean tries to hide it but the constant upgrading of components and switching of power cables are a sure sign that all is not well,Theresa spends her nights next to the Boston bedside cd/radio and Dean not to be outdone bought himself the more expensive Bose for his side,refusing to let her feel better than him,they lie side by side, each thinking of the glory days when church parking lots were night time discovery opportunities instead of mere parking on Sunday afternoons when Dean pollutes the ears of Father James regarding homeless Rosie.The tension in those 4 walls is electric and hardly  a pleasant listening environment.

Offline dean

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • cables make a difference
You are not well
Contact me for denon, monitor audio,klipsch, rotel,boston,velodyne,marantz,oppo,  B&W.any many more quality brands. We install home cinema , dstv and top line security systems.we now also do nad, mission and psb.yamaha,onkyo,integra,Cambridge audio.svs