Author Topic: New releases on the horizon  (Read 23483 times)

Offline Rotten Johnny

• ROONed for life.
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+30)
Re: New releases on the horizon
« Reply #195 on: September 30, 2016, 09:07:29 PM »
Here's one for fiddlestix:

On September 30th, UMe will release a Temple of the Dog reissue collection celebrating the 25th anniversary of the band's landmark, platinum certified album. Newly mixed by Brendan O'Brien, the reissue will be available in four configurations including a 4 disc Super Deluxe with 48 unreleased tracks and/or mixes as well as a 180gram, 2LP vinyl edition of the original remastered with gatefold jacket, lenticular cover and download code. Temple of the Dog will kick off their 1st ever tour this November.
Audiophile: There is almost no other group that prides themselves more on wasting good money on utterly worthless ****, and then trying to furiously blow smoke up their own ass to justify it.

Free your mind...and your ass will follow.

Offline KlyvQ

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • i'Numba mayik'bambile... ayik'Yeki...
« Reply #196 on: October 06, 2016, 02:09:36 PM »
Nope, Nora forgot to send me a personal preview. I'll have to have a word with her.

Heheheehe...
For some odd reason - when I asked you - I must have thought you posted this in the - NP Thread. Lol.

:facepalm: :facepalm:
(.) Sweet Spot (.)

Offline Rotten Johnny

• ROONed for life.
  • Administrator
« Reply #197 on: October 23, 2016, 07:18:33 PM »
4 November...

Audiophile: There is almost no other group that prides themselves more on wasting good money on utterly worthless ****, and then trying to furiously blow smoke up their own ass to justify it.

Offline Rotten Johnny

• ROONed for life.
  • Administrator
« Reply #198 on: December 06, 2016, 07:07:20 PM »
Feb 2017  :ticked:

Offline reactor_sa

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #199 on: December 20, 2016, 12:44:52 PM »
Not sure if there's a separate thread for movies, but BBC's Planet Earth II Blu-ray is available for pre-order on takealot, raru, loot. Cheapest is takealot at R429. Well worth supporting the series, always the most amazing cinematography.

Offline Rotten Johnny

• ROONed for life.
  • Administrator
« Reply #200 on: January 07, 2017, 05:16:59 PM »
Really looking forward to this... Feb is going to be a good month for listening. :groovy:

Offline JonnyP

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • To the centre of the city in the night
« Reply #201 on: January 14, 2017, 11:44:46 AM »
^^^ I gave up looking forward to new Ryan Adams stuff around 'Gold'.  Trouble is he is far too hit and miss for me, it's either excellent (Heartbreaker, Strangers Almanac) or absolute dross (Rock and Roll, 1989)
Are you waiting for loneliness to paralyse? Are you waiting for sister midnight to anaesthetise?

Offline Rotten Johnny

• ROONed for life.
  • Administrator
« Reply #202 on: January 19, 2017, 03:21:30 AM »
Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie are to release their first album as a duo, reportedly titled Buckingham McVie, in May.

The Fleetwood Mac pair have collaborated on all the albumís songs, while the recordings feature contributions from their bandmates Mick Fleetwood and John McVie.

Offline Rotten Johnny

• ROONed for life.
  • Administrator
« Reply #203 on: January 22, 2017, 11:08:35 PM »
^^^ I gave up looking forward to new Ryan Adams stuff around 'Gold'.  Trouble is he is far too hit and miss for me, it's either excellent (Heartbreaker, Strangers Almanac) or absolute dross (Rock and Roll, 1989)
he does his best work when he's hurting or angry... this is his divorce album, I suspect it'll be stellar.

Offline Rotten Johnny

• ROONed for life.
  • Administrator
« Reply #204 on: February 16, 2017, 06:46:51 PM »

Offline ron g

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #205 on: February 18, 2017, 07:20:54 PM »

a new amelia curran album, "watershed" coming out on march 10th / april 21st. (different dates on different websites)

apparently it will be quite a deviation from her previous albums. the single track "gravity" can be heard here - i must admit i'm not that taken on my first listening.

she is not well known, (especially in south africa), but i think she is an outstanding singer songwriter, & well worth listening to.

i can't find a picture of the new album cover, so here's a picture of the artist:

tetris is a great life lesson.
accomplishments disappear. mistakes pile up till it's game over....

Offline Rotten Johnny

• ROONed for life.
  • Administrator
« Reply #206 on: February 21, 2017, 09:18:39 AM »
Sera Cahoone's new album, From Where I Started ... due out March 24.

Offline Trompie67

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #207 on: February 26, 2017, 06:59:09 AM »
Due out on 17 May!

*Insert profound or witty phrase here*

Offline BWS

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #208 on: April 27, 2017, 10:43:47 AM »
^^ Curious to hear that, then 2 days after that :

Whoever originally coined the word 'Lisp' and put an 'S' in it's spelling, is a Douchebag !!

Offline BWS

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #209 on: April 27, 2017, 10:59:10 AM »
^^ Just listened to the two previews on Youchooob. Sounds like it's going to be an even bigger piece of  :cr@p: than their last release.
Whoever originally coined the word 'Lisp' and put an 'S' in it's spelling, is a Douchebag !!