DIY Fest 2006

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimGore

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
I would like to extend a BIG THANKS to Alex for organizing the event.  

I know it has been something he has wanted to do for a long time, and it's great that he finally managed to do it.  Never mind simply organizing the event - the man actually managed to organize 6 Class A Maestro amplfiers, a Valve amp, a pre-amp, DVD players, projector, subwoofers, everything.  If you follow some of the American DIY fests then you will know that those guys don't even have that kind of amplification running their systems.

Also a big thanks to Martin for organizing the event, and helping everyone to setup their speakers.  The man did a particularly good job on my set, so hats off to the man.

All in all, I think the event was a great success - I can only speak for myself here, but I had a huge amount of fun - also met alot of interesting and like-minded people.

Thanks very much to all the speaker builders that were there as well - some guys had to bring their equipment in two cars (Norval) and hoist huge cabs up stairs, but that did not stop us having about 10 sets of speakers.

I look forward to the next DIY fest - I think it will be even better than this one.

A big thanks and cheers!
Ian.

Latest posts