Author Topic: Kent Kassler's Korner....  (Read 22006 times)

Offline GearSlave

• Peacekeeper Extraordinaire
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Ohm's Law has no business in Audio
    • Studio B
Re: Kent Kassler's Korner....
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2012, 01:52:08 PM »
^^^ Just wing it like the rest of us do anyway. Use big, flowery prose to lend weight to it.
Resistance is not futile; it is voltage divided by current (R=V/I)

Offline Kent Kassler

« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2012, 02:59:57 PM »
Hi Kent,

I battle to tell the difference (in sound) between CD players and amplifiers. I really want to fit in but am scared I will be outed as "bronze ear" audiophile.

Any suggestions on how to wing it convincingly?

Regards
Wanna be Golden ear*
I've got the strawberries,you bring the cream.....and leave her highness at home with her ancestral blanket and blank computer stare....most audiophiles are deaf old men,hardly something to aspire to I'd say...."education is not the filling of a pail but the the lighting of a fire"(Yeats)...now get over here and light mine.

*real name with-held
Audiophile Sound Sommelier Extraordinaire....aka Manic Depressive Temporary Void Filler Deluxe.

Offline Kent Kassler

« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2012, 03:08:15 PM »
^^^ Just wing it like the rest of us do anyway. Use big, flowery prose to lend weight to it.
She's not from the Transvaal Gert,you gotta offer me something more substantial. ;D
Audiophile Sound Sommelier Extraordinaire....aka Manic Depressive Temporary Void Filler Deluxe.

Offline placebo

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • How can you have money for beer but not for Beenos
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2012, 08:47:22 PM »
Dear Kent,
Since the forum has been rather quiet today except for irrelevant matters such as  this forum  voting for Curiosity to be our future President and Andrew in the same thread attempting to sell fake sea sponges(bloody chancer) I thought I would ask you the following serious question about troubles I have with my good wife of 32 plus years.
 It is a simple question really however I do value your opinion.I own the following  Hi Fi equipment.
5 CD players(Necessary in case 1 breaks)
4 Turntables((Necessary in case 3 end up not working)
3 Pairs of loudspeakers which two of the pairs are used for to cater for inside the house and the other pair for listening outside.The third pair is in case something happen to either of the loudspeakers I use.
 Anyway my problem is this wifey is demanding I sell one of the CD players to purchase a pair of shoes as I only own 1 pair of shoes which I wear everyday.I mean I have tried in the past to wear 2 pairs of shoes but it dose not work as my feet swell and  smell.Please I need your urgent advice in this matter.Go I sell one of my CD players to purchase another pair of shoes or clout wifey over the head with a solid oak club.

Regards
Anonymous.
For,when money or oiled hands determine the voting outcome,particularly in a matter of such monumental importance,then no conscience or oath finds expression.

Chief Justice Mogoeng Mogoeng

Offline Kent Kassler

« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2012, 09:35:29 AM »
Dear Kent,
Since the forum has been rather quiet today except for irrelevant matters such as  this forum  voting for Curiosity to be our future President and Andrew in the same thread attempting to sell fake sea sponges(bloody chancer) I thought I would ask you the following serious question about troubles I have with my good wife of 32 plus years.
 It is a simple question really however I do value your opinion.I own the following  Hi Fi equipment.
5 CD players(Necessary in case 1 breaks)
4 Turntables((Necessary in case 3 end up not working)
3 Pairs of loudspeakers which two of the pairs are used for to cater for inside the house and the other pair for listening outside.The third pair is in case something happen to either of the loudspeakers I use.
 Anyway my problem is this wifey is demanding I sell one of the CD players to purchase a pair of shoes as I only own 1 pair of shoes which I wear everyday.I mean I have tried in the past to wear 2 pairs of shoes but it dose not work as my feet swell and  smell.Please I need your urgent advice in this matter.Go I sell one of my CD players to purchase another pair of shoes or clout wifey over the head with a solid oak club.

Regards
Anonymous.
First off congratulations on 3decades of marital bliss,not something to be aimed for by the majority of modern day poofters who pack and run at the first little affair or work indiscretion,you're oldskool with morals and wisdoms that guide your direction unlike the gung-ho fairies who think its hipper to be guided by missiles and yoghurt slingers....enjoy your vices,many more destructive one's exist,if it would please her that you sell a player then do so and enjoy a bit of comfort from both her and the boot that you will soon be planting upon her as she gets placed firmly in the wendyhouse for the remainder of her days,with nothing but timber to share with the beetles and a stained dog blanket for warmth....show her who is in charge,you got married for better or for worst and after 32 years you could do with some better.Kind regards Andre.

Offline Rupert

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Durbanville, Cape Town
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2012, 09:44:08 AM »
Don't listen to Kent, placebo! He knows the wife will donner you and you'll have to sell him your kit for a song so you can foot the ruinous hospital bills...

Offline Kent Kassler

« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2012, 10:17:59 AM »
...tried your advice last night Gert,got two queer Chippendales in and hung two Lenco counterweights off the thing....she cried for hours but not for the reasons I wanted?

Offline AlleyCat

« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2012, 08:15:07 AM »
Dear Mr Kassler

After taking your sage advice, and now coming to the full understanding of your wisdom,  I am now ready to act. Is there anybody out there willing to help me please : I am willing to swop my B&W 802N for a pair of B&W 685's, any takers?

P.S. For those of you habitual upgraders, consider talking to the esteemed Mr Kassler for his life changing advice, or those with enoughcourage to openly share their hifi grief, should use this column.

Origato, My Zen Master Ken :notworthy:
"Not everything meaningful is measurable, and not everything measurable is meaningful" - Floyd Toole

Offline Kent Kassler

« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2012, 11:14:33 AM »
...something about little micro standmounters with shrill treble that really is not delivered by the larger more pricey brethren,a kind of coherence for those who couldn't hear nor see,put those little 685's behind a curtain and play them for Marlee and Stevie and you'll see what I mean,you would certainly prefer them to those ship anchors,granted they won't boost your masculinity but don't feel bad,I too was nicknamed mini salami during after PT showers in primary school...this abuse continues with my life partner but not as dire a situation as yours thankfully,(mine has not yet taken to cross-country jogging,known to most husbands as extra marital affairs with Bruce Fordyce in the name of exercise)....i'd rather she left me for Cher's daughter than Bruce quite frankly,I mean that dude pulls out midway thru just because he has an upset tummy........

Offline Fem Audio Connoiseur

« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2012, 12:48:51 AM »
...i'd rather she left me for Cher's daughter than Bruce quite frankly,I mean that dude pulls out midway thru just because he has an upset tummy........
:baseball: :baseball: :Ooooooh: :BWAHAHAH:
"If you can't amaze people
With your intelligence....
...Confuse them with your bullsh!t"

Offline Shonver

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Criss-cross rhythms that explode with happiness
    • Elipse (under construction)
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2012, 07:33:52 AM »
Cher's daughter

Looks like a nice enough bloke.

DON'T PANIC
Capie

Offline Kent Kassler

« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2012, 08:21:53 AM »
Baby steps Shonver,baby steps.While we are all supportive of your new found freedom,keep it zipped up till you're sure it's love....in the words of my Divine Mystic From the Bavarian Alps School of inner wisdom and Chastity...."He who seeks out manvrou,gets ripped in two by Lang tou."

Offline AlleyCat

« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2012, 02:21:12 PM »
Dear Mr BarbieKent Kassler

We miss your ministrations and insightful anecdotes, where are you?

We sincerely hope that your absence from this Korner had nothing to with the castration you received from your beloved Ursula recently or from the bleeding ears you got from listening to Dean's latest "best" B&W speakers. :whistler:

Missing you, with lotsa love & kissess and tongue lashings. :tongue: :tongue:
"Not everything meaningful is measurable, and not everything measurable is meaningful" - Floyd Toole

Offline Kent Kassler

« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2012, 08:29:12 PM »
People have grown tired and uninspired Sire as have i,the soul around here is at an all-time low,gone is BK,Ampdog has become weary,B&W have begun to rule the pages,Rodney has found excitement in attenuating,you in computer audio,amps keep blowing up on me(another one tonight in fact.)Kent has lost his mojo and is mostly miserable this side,Ursh has her back to me and gets self defensive and ratty,the kids are ripping hair out of each other,i stare at the prepaid box and watch it tick away like the second hand.Nothing to live for really,the lady next to me wears 3 varying thickness undergarments,tied and knotted,the last layer an electrified device tied to mains,hard for me to understand really because she's always been neutral and careful with a livewire in the past....you have no idea what i'd give to jump back in time just a little...enjoy your weekend my friends.

Offline mahleu

• Modem Forumator
  • Forum Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Call a spade a spade, not a banana.
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2012, 10:19:01 PM »
Don't worry, I think I now have enough one channeled stereo amps to be able to say with a straight face that I have a 7 channel monoblock setup  :Ooooooh:
Always up for coffee and investments - insurance - retirement.